Review - Wait For You by J Lynn





Wait For You by J Lynn
Publisher: Harper (15th Aug 2013)


Blurb:
Love isn't meant to be perfect… Except when it is...




Some things are worth waiting for…




Some things are worth experiencing…




And some things are worth fighting for…




Avery knows she should stay away from Cam Hamilton: he might be the hottest guy on campus but she really doesn't need that sort of drama right now. Love is best left in the past – along with her troubles. But sometimes, the last thing that you want is just the thing you need…

I've heard great things about J Lynn/Jennifer Armentrout's books and I've been looking forward to reading them. When I saw came across Wait For You at a book sale last November, I didn't hesitate to get myself a copy.

From the back blurb, it's all very inviting, with quotes from readers about how charming and amazing the hero, Cam, is and I was sold. I do love a good hero when it comes to love stories. New Adult, a relatively new genre that has broken into the ranks of the books in the market, has gained lots of attention from readers and I still have a love-hate relationship with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the romance and the drama but sometimes, it gets a bit too hackneyed and unoriginal. So I admit, I didn't have high hopes for Wait For You.

Man alive, I was slapped so hard when I turned the last page. I couldn't believe it took me so long to actually read this book. Well, shoot me for saying this, but the book was totally worth my time because of one thing: Cameron Hamilton. I mean, I liked the heroine, Avery, but I loved Cam. Charming, funny and so so hot. Yes, I am aware that it's a book and everything depends on my own imagination on how the characters look like, but your argument is invalid. Cam is hot.

I enjoyed reading about the witty banter between Avery and Cam, though he can be really annoying at times, I found it really endearing. Something must be wrong with me, obviously. The dialogue in the book is well-paced, funny at times and sharp. The characters were well-written too, I adored Avery's friends, Brit and Jacob - who is gay, by the way, but if there's one thing lacking in the book, it's Jacob. I can't seem to get enough of him. I would have liked the book more if he played a bigger role in it. Just saying.

Wait For You is one of the sweetest, yet hottest romance I've read in quite some time. I adored the chemistry between Avery and Cam and at times, I really wanted to slap some sense into Avery for keeping Cam wait for her, but all in all, Wait For You is immensely enjoyable, sexy and enticing. OK, New Adult. You win this time.

Wait For You is out on paperback and eBook now.

Comments