Waiting on Wednesday #12

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s excited about!


feathers-break

Oh, it's been quite hectic, these few weeks and I realised that I've neglected my blog. How are you? Are you reading something good? What are you reading? Do you think I'll pick it up?


I am actually almost with Roar by Cora Carmack and I can't wait to see how it ends!


For this week's Waiting on Wednesday post, I've chosen a book that has been getting so much hype from Book Twitter and personally, I fell in love with the author's beautifully evocative writing the moment I read her debut novel.


My pick is Flame in the Mist by the lovely Renee Ahdieh!


FITM


Blurb from Goodreads:


The daughter of a prominent samurai, Mariko has long known her place—she may be an accomplished alchemist, whose cunning rivals that of her brother Kenshin, but because she is not a boy, her future has always been out of her hands. At just seventeen years old, Mariko is promised to Minamoto Raiden, the son of the emperor's favorite consort—a political marriage that will elevate her family's standing. But en route to the imperial city of Inako, Mariko narrowly escapes a bloody ambush by a dangerous gang of bandits known as the Black Clan, who she learns has been hired to kill her before she reaches the palace.


Dressed as a peasant boy, Mariko sets out to infiltrate the ranks of the Black Clan, determined to track down the person responsible for the target on her back. But she's quickly captured and taken to the Black Clan’s secret hideout, where she meets their leader, the rebel ronin Takeda Ranmaru, and his second-in-command, his best friend Okami. Still believing her to be a boy, Ranmaru and Okami eventually warm to Mariko, impressed by her intellect and ingenuity. As Mariko gets closer to the Black Clan, she uncovers a dark history of secrets, of betrayal and murder, which will force her to question everything she's ever known.


feathers-break


The excitement is real for this one because I loved The Wrath and the Dawn and The Rose and the Dagger. I don't even know if I can wait until next month to read this!


Flame in the Mist is out on 16th May 2017, published by Putnam in the US and Hodder in the UK.

Comments

  1. This is the BEST pick ever. I am so, so impatient to get my hands on that one, I can barely wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marie. I just wish I could read it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this because Mulan! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mulan will always be my favourite Disney movie. I am SO ready for Flame in the Mist. And, I hope they don't butcher the live action movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited for this one too! I've heard mixed things about it being a Mulan retelling (i.e. that it might not be?) but I could be wrong, and either way I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful read. Ahdieh's writing is just so beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really hoping that it's a Mulan retelling but it's set in Feudal Japan so maybe not?

    You're right, either way, I'm excited for this—I love Ahdieh's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mulan is the most badass heroine tbh. I love her more than Belle 😻

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belle is a close second for me, so.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same. I used to love Belle but then I watched Mulan. πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to get my hand on this book! I haven't read anything from Ahdieh's, but I love poetic writing!(one of my book buzz words):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Renee Ahdieh, she's such a fantastic writer and I do hope you like her books! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment