Book Review : When I Fall In Love by Miranda Dickinson

Title : When I Fall In Love
Author : Miranda Dickinson
Publication date : 8th November 2012
Publisher : Avon
Source : Sent by the publisher for review, thank you!

What happens when your happy ever after is suddenly and painfully taken away from you?

Elsie Maynard has a whole new life she never expected to have.

From inadvertently founding a choir like no other with former 80s rock star Woody Jensen, to daring to date again, Elsie steps out into an unknown future – a future that could include gorgeous designer Olly Hogarth, a man who seems intent on winning her heart. Overcoming problems, challenges and the occasional frustration – namely overconfident Torin Stewart who seems to be everywhere – Elsie believes she is making the most of her life.

But then a heartfelt request brings her to Paris – and the last item on a very important List.

Can Elsie take the final step and lay her past to rest? Join Elsie as she battles to start again, with the help of a disastrous, newly-formed singing group and her father and sister armed with dating hopefuls.

When I Fall In Love is the first book I've read by the lovely Miranda Dickinson, not that I've never heard of her - she's famous for her inspiring tales of young, independent women living their life as if in a fairytale - and I have to say, When I Fall In Love blown me away! I know I can be very persistent to read something that has caught my attention and for that, I'd like to apologise to Avon's PR.

The thing is, I've never read any by Miranda, so I told myself to think of When I Fall In Love as a debut novel. Well, it would definitely make a hell of a debut novel, I tell you. I neglected my Economics trial exam to finish this lovely, heartwarming tale. I just hope that I'd pass Econs, either way, I gained something I'd never regret, which is having the chance to read this life-changing book.

When I Fall In Love is about Elsie Maynard's life, recovering from a *NOT TELLING YOU*, she's finally standing on her two feet, moving on. From the first chapter, I knew Elsie would be a lovable character, one I'd root for. She's exactly what a chick lit heroine should be, friendly, warm, loving and caring. I loved how she dealt with everything when things were not going the way she hoped they would, and for that, I'm glad to report that Elsie Maynard is a character you'd want to be best friends with.

Aside from Elsie, the characters in the book were really, really wonderful and I'd be the happiest person to have them in my life. Well, in my head, they are my best friends, so you can imagine how deeply affected I am by the book. You know the feeling you get when you feel so warmly welcomed you are when you're with people? That's the feeling I got when I read the parts where Elsie, Daisy, Woody and the gang meet up. And I'm not telling you who these characters are. It's a surprise for you when you read the book once it releases on the 8th of November.

The storyline is deeply moving, think of it as a really heartbreaking story with the most supportive family members and friends who'd help you get by. It's a really warm and compelling tale, perfect for the wintry days of the snowy season. Another thing that made me enjoy this little nugget of chick lit is that a part of the book was set in Paris! PARIS! Parfait! I strongly recommend this book to readers who loved Cecelia Ahern and Jojo Moyes.

All in all, I loved it. And When I Fall In Love has definitely earned a spot to win a category in the Chick Litter Awards... Well, just saying ;)

Rating : 5/5

Comments

  1. I've just finished this book - I cried buckets!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment