Book Review : I Heart Hollywood by Lindsey Kelk

Title : I Heart Hollywood
Author : Lindsey Kelk
Publication date : 7th January 2010
Publisher : Harper
Source : Purchased

Rating : 5/5

Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys…enough to lead a girl astray?

Angela Clark can’t believe her luck… she’s an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend.
Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach.
Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss and sunshine. Despite his lady-killer reputation, the only person who seems genuine is James.
Then a paparazzi snaps them in an uncompromising position and suddenly Angela is thrust into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons…

Can she convince all those close to her – especially her boss and her boyfriend – not to believe everything they read? And will Hollywood ever win Angela’s heart?

I am a massive fan of Lindsey Kelk. I read I Heart New York back in May 2010 and I absolutely loved it. So I bought I Heart Hollywood right after and decided to devote myself to the I Heart series. What can I say? It's classic chick lit at its best. Well, Lindsey is such a sweetheart and her books are amazing, I have every single one of them. Trust me, they are worth every penny!

I Heart Hollywood started off after where I Heart New York ended, Angie is with Alex, the sexy boy band rocker who quickly became a really lovely male character in the series. Angie was assigned to go to the City of Angels to interview fellow Brit actor, James Jacobs. Well, Angie's off to another adventure! Hurrah! Leaving behind the blizzards in NYC, she and Jenny headed over to LA, sunshine paradise.

Personally, I loved Angie. She's such a warm character, her being incredibly British made me love her more, she was humble, aloof though a bit naive but that was what made me love her more! She dealt with her problems in LA with such grace, you'd laugh at every page. As usual, I loved Angie for her charm and sometimes very sarcastic remarks, which reflects the author's thoughts very clearly. Aside from Angie, I really liked Jenny Lopez, man alive, that woman can do anything. Traipsing around LA with Jenny, Angie's adventure in LA was a real blast to read. There's James, the famous Hollywood star who I thought would be the perfect guy for Angie if she were to fall out with Alex, but a shocking surprise will make you think otherwise.

Los Angeles, I have dreamt of visiting the sunny paradise since I was younger, but soon realised it's all glossy and glitzy like magazine spreads. And the paps! Ugh! No thank you! Though it was the perfect setting for a lovely summer read, I'd rather choose New York or Paris or London. Coincidentally, Angie and I felt LA was a bit too fake. I particularly enjoyed her shopping trip on Rodeo Drive, which she couldn't afford but what are the perks of having a Hollywood megastar as a friend?

Overall, I loved it. I love the glitz and glamour Hollywood had to offer. I loved the shopping. I loved Angie, in LA, lost as usual. Everything about the I Heart series has to be loved and will fulfil you with its magic.

Chat up with my twinsie, Lindsey on Twitter (@LindseyKelk)

Comments

  1. absolutely loved it too!! I am going to start reading I heart Vegas soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment