Book Review : The Perfect Location by Kate Forster

Title : The Perfect Location
Author : Kate Forster
Publication date : 10th May 2012
Publisher : Avon
Source : Sent by the lovely author. Thanks, Kate!

Rating : 5/5

Three glamorous actresses gliding through a life lived on the silver screen. One Hollywood Blockbuster.

Rose Nightingale is an Australian actress still recovering
from a bad marriage.
Sapphira De Mont is the world’s most beautiful movie star,
but hides a secret addiction and a broken heart.
Calypso Gable is a young star on the rise trying to escape
her mum-manager’s clutches.

As they come together on set in the Italian hills, they find
out more about one another – and about themselves –
than they ever thought possible.

I've never read anything like this, The Perfect Location is something like Tasmina Perry's and the Bagshawe sisters, a sub-genre in chick lit which I kept debating over whether I should try. At last, The Perfect Location by Kate Forster made me take the leap and I requested to review it. Mainly because I was really intrigued by the book blurb. It was my kind of read, coincidentally, about Hollywood stars, and I'm a sucker for the gossip on Tinseltown's lovely stars.

The other thing that attracted me besides the interesting story was the cover, oh my. It's breathtakingly gorgeous. Credits to my favourite cover artist, Adrian Valencia, the lovely man who designs the covers of the I Heart series. Beautiful cover aside, the story captured me after reading the first part of the book. Captivated, I carried on and spent most of my time in school reading it.

The book follows three characters; Rose, a glamorous actress who just got off a bad divorce, Sapphira, a gorgeous, talented actress with a troubled past and Calypso, a young rising star being forced into stardom by her mother. As the book is written from a third person's point of view, I found the characters in the book really wonderful to read as the book is divided into different parts and Kate tells the story beautifully and I really enjoyed reading about the characters' past and lives. The romance in the book was sadly quite predictable but the way Kate wrote it made it worthwhile, Calypso's relationship with TG was really adorable as they were described as young lovers whereas Rose's complicated romance with Max was really sweet, where she bonded easily with his 3 children. Then there was Sapphira's friendship with her co-star, sweetheart Jack, who helped her throughout the book with her heroin addiction, which was really thoughtful of him.

The Perfect Location was really fun and it's chick lit so it's fluffy and light, a really wonderful, absorbing summer read. The characters and plot fell in line as the story progressed, the book was set in Italy in the first half, when the characters were shooting The Italian Dream. And of course, credits to Kate for the twists in the story and no book would be perfect without its fair share of scandal and drama.

I strongly recommend this to fans of Tasmina Perry and Rebecca Chance, it was really enticing and addictive. I loved it. And Kate Forster is one writer to look out for! Chat her up on Twitter (@kateforster)

Comments