The Chocolate Book Tag!

1. Dark chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic.
The Dead Wife's Handbook by Hannah Beckerman
One of the most emotional, moving books I've ever read. The Dead Wife's Handbook centres the lives of the heroine's loved ones after her premature departure from earth. It's clear from the cover that the main topic of the book is death. Deeply moving and tearjerking. 

2. White chocolate: your favourite light hearted/humorous read.
The Secret Dreamworld of A Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
I've always been a fan of Sophie Kinsella's books and my favourite book of all time, is none other than the book that started the best-selling Shopaholic series.  

3. Milk chocolate: a book that has a lot of hype that you’re dying to read.
The Hunger Games trilogy
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHEN AM I GOING TO READ THESE BOOKS?! I LOVED THE FILMS BUT I HAVEN'T GOT THE CHANCE TO READ THE BOOKS. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, RIGHT?! (Sorry for the shouty capitals..) 

4. Chocolate with a caramel centre: a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it.
The Best Thing That Never Happened to Me by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice
I guess this is the hardest one to choose because I've read countless chick lit titles. If I have to settle for one, I'd go with Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice's incredibly romantic debut novel, The Best Thing That Never Happened to Me. Heartwarming, touching and poignant as well as funny. 

5. Wafer free Kit-Kat: name a book that has surprised you lately.
Bad Brides by Rebecca Chance
Rebecca Chance never fails to surprise me with her fabulously tantalising bonkbusters and Bad Brides is no exception. I adored it and admittedly, the sex scenes, mostly. But don't be fooled by the naughty bits, for it masks the greatest surprises in store! 

6. Snickers: a book that you are going nuts about.
The Untitled Seventh Shopaholic book by Sophie Kinsella
I know, it is work in progress but I simply CANNOT wait to read what Becky's up to after the events of Mini Shopaholic! Hope this counts :)

7. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read.
The I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk
Before becoming a book blogger, I had all the time in the world to read the books as many times as I want. I think I've read every book in the series more than once! Comforting as a delicious cup of hot chocolate.  

8. Box of chocolates: what series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and something for everyone?
Definitely the Harry Potter series!
OK, maybe it's unjust of me to say so, but three books down and eight films watched, I am entitled to say that everyone of anyone can pick up the Harry Potter series and will really like them, right?

Thanks for tagging me, Kirsty from Love of A Good Book and Jody from A Spoonful of Happy Endings!

I tag...

Ads @ Bookabulary
Ananda @ This Chick Reads
Evie @ Eve's Book Club
Bronagh @ Handwritten Girl

Comments