Review - I Knew You Were Trouble by Paige Toon

IKYWTI Knew You Were Trouble by Paige Toon
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Books (30th Jul 2015)

Blurb:
Life as the undercover daughter of a rock god isn't going to be easy. How will Jessie adjust to her old boring life again after spending her summer living it up with her dad in LA? With tough decisions ahead (and not just choosing between two hot boys), can she cope juggling her two very different lives?

Summer may be over, but Jessie's story is just beginning.

I Knew You Were Trouble is the second book in the Jessie Jefferson series and I've been anticipating to read this one after I read the first book which is The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson, Paige Toon's first YA novel. Now that I've read I Knew You Were Trouble, I can't flipping wait for the third book because it's such a delicious, thrilling and entertaining series!

In I Knew You Were Trouble, we meet up with Jessie Jefferson, legitimate daughter of the international rock god Johnny Jefferson (aka the hottest, sexiest and fittest guy ever to appear in Paige Toon World - the universe where her books are set and the characters are inter-related) as she returns to her "normal" life in the UK after spending an amazing summer over in LA with her father and his family. With her heart pining guys on each side of the Atlantic Ocean (LUCKY COW, I don't even have one guy's affections and she has two!), Jessie has to decide where home is, and fast. Sorry, that was a rather brief wrap summary of the book, yes? That means you have to read it and not rely on me retelling the key moments of the book to pique your interest. Ha-ha.

As usual, I fell back into Paige Toon World, reading as Jessie Jefferson who is very much different from the bratty teenage girl in the first book, as she navigates the tricky waters of first love. Does her heart belong to the devilishly sexy bad boy in LA who is quite the stud, or her high school crush/fittest-guy-in-school who has always been the object of her affection before her whole life turned upside down? I know, I'm insatiable, but who the heck doesn't like a good love triangle? Isn't that how Paige Toon's books are? And that is one of the reasons why I keep reading them? Of course, her trademark writing style is well-fitted into the voice of a fifteen-year-old and I still find that sparkle that shines bright like the stars in the night sky.

Paige Toon delivers another stunning, thrilling YA novel that will knock your socks off with the glitz and glamour of being an "It" girl and the sweetest romance I've ever read in a while. Follow Jessie's journey of discovering where her heart truly lies, whether it's the place where she has everything she ever needs or the boy who makes her life complete. With a searing hot romance, I Knew You Were Trouble is fun, flirty and deliciously addictive.

I'd like to thank Simon & Schuster UK for sending me a copy of this fabulous novel in exchange for a review. I Knew You Were Trouble is out on 30th Jul 2015 on paperback and eBook.

Comments