Review - P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

PSISLYP.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (26th May 2015)

Blurb:
Lara Jean didn't expect to really fall for Peter.

She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren't. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

Please hold on while I do my happy jig/squeal uncontrollably/proclaim my love for Jenny Han/cuddle my copies of To All The Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You. After reading To All The Boys I've Loved Before last year, I fell in love with the adorably likeable heroine, Lara Jean and her sisters. Of course, I might have developed a little teensy bit of a crush on Peter, but who wouldn't? It was an incredibly adorable love story and I was smitten with it, so you could imagine how excited I got when I found out there’s a sequel!

P.S. I Still Love You continues where the first book left off and Lara Jean has to decide whether her heart lies with Peter, the boy who she loved once, but after the events in the first book, she might have fallen in love with him. But how would she know when she’s never been in love? I won’t give much away as you've got to read it yourself to get that mushy feeling!

Oh, reading and falling in love with Jenny Han's love stories is like cuddling a super soft marshmallow and I can never get enough of it. I really enjoyed reading about Lara Jean’s first ever love story which, of course, has its ups and downs, particularly a very explicit one thanks to a “friend”. Another thing about this book and its predecessor that made me adore was the strong bond of sisterhood among the Songs sisters that’s equally touching and endearing. I have an older sister and a younger brother and I cherish our relationship with one another. Personally, I think Kitty (Lara Jean’s youngest sister) is a complete star. I adore her. I would want to tear my hair out if I have such an infuriating little sister but then, she’s extremely loveable and that’s all that matters.

In P.S. I Still Love You, Lara Jean and Peter’s relationship is further explored and I couldn't resist the mushy feels I got from reading about how swoonworthy Peter is. I even went “ooh” and “ahh”! There are some parts of the book which make me seethe in jealous rage when Genevieve (the sort-of antagonist and Peter’s ex) makes her play at getting him back, but that’s the way it is, evil, twisted ex and all. However, the plot thickens when one of the boys who Lara sent the letter to makes an appearance. Yes, I'm talking about the one and only John Ambrose McLaren. Although I must admit, I was rooting for Peter throughout the book, but I tried my best not to, but I was slowly swaying towards Team John. You should read P.S. I Still Love You to know why.

P.S. I Still Love You is one of the many YA gems I've read and I couldn't, for the life of me, put it down. The moment I started, I couldn't stop reading it. I was addicted to the love story shared between Lara Jean Song Covey and Peter Kavinsky. And don’t let me get started on the feels. I cannot. It’s a tender, emotional story of first love, being in love, dealing with what comes after the whole falling-in-love part: preserving the love you have for that special someone. There were parts that made me laugh out loud and cheer for the Song sisters, especially Lara Jean as I see so much of myself in her, there were parts that made my heart swell with happiness and love and there were even those that made my heart ache and I had to keep those threatening tears at bay. As sweet, satisfying and heavenly as a macaron, I was completely taken and smitten by P.S. I Still Love You!

P.S. I Still Love You is out now on hardcover and eBook! Do you think you'll pick up a copy of P.S. I Still Love You? Because I think you should!

Comments

  1. Great review. I enjoy the book also. You are funny with your comments about the book. It's interesting to read the guy's perspective in such a girly book.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh! That's so nice to hear. I try to be funny, I do 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment