Review - Lead (Stage Dive #3) by Kylie Scott

LeadLead by Kylie Scott
Publisher: Pan (5th Nov 2015)
Genre: Romance

Blurb:
As the lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it, whether it's booze, drugs, or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself with Lena, a new assistant to keep him out of trouble.

Lena's not willing to take any crap from the sexy rocker and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite their sizzling chemistry. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing that ever happened to him.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive Lead and Deep in the post because I’ve heard of the series and I’ve even seen Lick, the first book of the Stage Dive series in the flesh once when I was browsing through titles at a bookstore. With not much expectations, I started on Lead, even though it is the third book of the series.

After reading a few chapters of it, I’ve decided that I would definitely give this series a go. I am not a huge fanboy for romance but if I enjoy reading an author’s writing, I’m sold. I would definitely try reading his/her other books. The Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott is what you’d expect to be all about sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll as each book in the series focuses on each one of the members in the band, which is the namesake of the series, Stage Dive.

In Lead, the book follows the story of Jimmy, the irresistibly dashing, often aloof, lead singer who is battling his drinking and drug habits and heading towards the path of sobriety. Bold and outspoken Lena is hired by the band to be his live-in assistant. And she can totally get away with shouting matches with her boss, all in a day’s work to ensure that he lays off the booze and pills. However, both of them can’t deny the growing chemistry and Jimmy has warned Lena that he can’t love, but can Lena tame the beast that is her boss who isn’t the egotistical rock god everyone has come to know?

I think I might have fallen in love with the book, as it’s too soon to say that about the series as I’ve only read Lead but upon reading it, my desire to read the other books in the series has become stronger. Although there are romance books out there that could stock libraries, there is something about Kylie Scott’s writing that makes her different from those other authors. I loved the chemistry between Lena and Jimmy and there were quite a number of “almost-there” moments, but being a total tease, Kylie Scott sets a complicated love story for us readers to devour and crave for more. *pounds hands on the table* I want more of Jimmy and Lena!

I'd like to thank Pan for sending me a copy for review. Lead is out now on paperback and eBook.

Comments