Review - A Girl's Best Friend by Lindsey Kelk

AGBFA Girl’s Best Friend by Lindsey Kelk
Publisher: Harper (5th Nov 2015)
Genre: Women's fiction, romantic comedy


Blurb:
After the crazy six months she’s had, if there was a ‘clear history’ button for your life, Tess Brookes would be the first in line to press it.

When the opportunity arises to join her best friend, Amy, in New York for Christmas, Tess jumps at the chance. The only slight hitch is that Nick, the man who broke her heart, lives there. And Charlie, the man she turned down, has just started talking to her again. And she has just four days to take a photo for a competition that could save her career.

But aside from that, everything is going to be great: it’ll be the best Christmas ever. Won’t it?

Lindsey Kelk is my absolute favourite writer when I need a pick-me-up and her books are hilarious romantic comedies that would guarantee laughs and “aww” moments. I was reading YA a lot lately and I wanted to mix things up, so I decided to read A Girl’s Best Friend, which is the third and hopefully, not the final instalment in the Girl series!

Tess Brookes, stars of this book series, is back with a broken heart and an even more broken path in her career. She’s just told the man she loves that she’s in love with him and he’s buggered off to New York, leaving her with only the memories of their time in Milan. When an opportunity to spend Christmas with her best friend Amy in the Big Apple, Tess would be an utter tit to let that chance slide, so she jumps at it. But let’s not brush off the fact that a certain Mr Miller is also in the city that never sleeps.

I’ve waited for about 16 months for A Girl’s Best Friend and I was so thrilled when I finally got to read it. I loved Tess’s adventures in Hawaii and Milan (in the first two books: About A Girl and What A Girl Wants) and the thought of heading to New York with her was just too good an opportunity to pass up. And fans of Lindsey Kelk would know who resides in New York. Oh, you probably know who I’m talking about. You could sense the cheeky grin as I type this, don’t you? Yes, none other than Angela Clark and the gang!

For some reason, I felt like A Girl’s Best Friend would be the last book in the trilogy – Lindsey, if you’re reading this, you have to make it a series – what with the being perfection. In the style of the books in the Girl series, A Girl’s Best Friend opens with a climactic scene that entices readers to find out how the story progresses to that part. Since it’s the third (and not the final) book, readers would probably need to read About A Girl and What A Girl Wants to get a better understanding of the characters and what had happened prior to the events in A Girl’s Best Friend.

Lindsey Kelk returns with a dazzling addition to her best-selling series and it doesn’t disappoint. It’s filled with laughs, crazy antics and her snazzy dialogue would leave you in stitches. I guess it’s been a while since I’ve had any Jenny Lopezisms. I loved the crossover between Angela and Tess’s lives and it was such a fulfilling moment for fans of Lindsey Kelk’s books, myself included. With a delicious love triangle, Tess finally decides on who her heart lies with and she’s be leaving fans of one of the teams brokenhearted. So, who is the leading man in our insanely likeable heroine’s love story – Nick or Charlie? Find out yourself in A Girl’s Best Friend!

A Girl's Best Friend is out now in paperback and eBook. I'd like to thank HarperCollins UK for sending me a copy of A Girl's Best Friend for review.

Comments