Book Review : I Heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk

Title : I Heart Vegas
Author : Lindsey Kelk
Release date : 8th December 2011
Publisher : Harper
Source : Bought

Overall : 5/5

Angela Clark loves her life in New York. She a Brit who’s conquered the Big Apple. Unfortunately, she’s also a Brit who’s lost her job. And when, just a couple of weeks before Christmas, the immigration department gets wind of this, Angela needs to find a new job urgently. Or a husband. And she doesn’t think her boyfriend Alex will be keen.
A girls’ weekend in Vegas with her best friend Jenny seems the perfect way to forget her troubles. From the minute they arrive Angela is swept up in a whirl of cocktails, outrageous outfits, late nights and brushes with the chapel of love. But rather than escaping trouble, Angela is up to her neck in it….
But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas – right?

Before I start reviewing, I just want to clarify this; this is the most amazing, beautiful, gorgeous cover ever. Ever. It made me sigh and swoon, its pretty and sparkly glory made me so happy. Man alive, the actual cover is soooo much prettier. The only one word I have to say about I Heart Vegas’ cover; breathtaking. I am a huge fan of Lindsey Kelk, you can ask her, I have every single one of her books; 4 I Heart books, a standalone and an e-book. Her writing style is a breath of fresh air and her voice is fun and very enjoyable to read. She takes chick lit to a newer level and I love her books, I have to have every one of them!

I Heart Vegas, oh. I loved every bit of it. I have missed Angela so much, since her previous adventure to Paris last year, I Heart Paris, which I enjoyed wholeheartedly. I Heart Vegas started off somewhere after Angie returned from Paris and it’s nearly Christmas, Angie’s utmost favourite. Angie received a not-so festive letter from INS and she had 30 days to leave her beloved NYC or risk being deported. The story flows very well, another great thing about Lindsey’s books, they don’t drag you through boring bits and it made me love them more. Aside from the beautiful cover, the story line was a fantastic read. Lindsey described Vegas in the eyes of Angela and her narration is just so detailed and intricate, my imagination of Lindsey as Angela was as vivid as ever.

This lovely book has some issues that couples need to go through, like Angie’s deportation and the possible long-distance relationship. I have really warmed up to Angela and her boyfriend, Alex, her BFFs Jenny and Louisa and her other circle of friends and of course, the lovely and gay James had graced us with his presence in Vegas, seriously, the book had a star-studded cast. And bloody Cici made an appearance in a chapter, which I loved, a lot. That bitch went down, hell yeah!
I loved how Lindsey described Vegas, from the shops and hotels on The Strip, to the penthouse suite, I have to hand it to Lindsey to have written such a clever and witty novel. Oh! There are some parts which were totally unexpected such as.. Wait, I’d hate myself for being a spoiler. I Heart Vegas is a must-read. I loved it, I loved it!

After Vegas, Angela will be going to London! Oh, it’ll be an epic finale and I can’t be more excited! I Heart London will be out in June 2012.

Comments