Book Review : I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk

Title : I Heart Paris
Author : Lindsey Kelk
Publication date : 8th July 2010
Publisher : Harper
Source : Purchased

Angela is in the city of love -- but romance is taking a nose-dive!
 
When Angela Clark's boyfriend Alex suggests a trip to Paris at the same time as hip fashion mag Belle asks her to write a piece, she jumps at the chance. But even as she's falling for the joie de vivre of Paris, someone's conspiring to sabotage her big break. And when she spots Alex having a tete-a-tete with his ex in a local bar, Angela's dreams of Parisian passion all start crashing down around her.

With London and her old life only a train journey away, Angela can't decide if should stay and face the music or run away home!

Without reading this review, you know I'll give it a perfect score. I love LOVE Lindsey Kelk, whatever this lovely woman writes is gold. I could read all of her books more than once and still get excited about it. I get hooked easily on books and well, thanks for chick lit, I don't get bored easily. It was about 2 years back when I bought I Heart Paris, after reading New York and Hollywood, I swiped it off the shelf and bought it, with only two things on my mind - I HEART LINDSEY KELK and PARIS.

Back then, I didn't have a reviewing site and a Goodreads user, so I couldn't express my thoughts on books, but thankfully for Facebook - which was VERY in that time - I managed to "bug" Lindsey by telling her how amazing her books are and how I loved them. It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship/friendship/twinsiehood between a full of life author with a big heart and an aspiring writer. We are miles apart and hence, the only form of contact we have is Twitter. Thank God for the creators of Twitter, bless you all.

Okay, sappy story aside, the book. I HEART PARIS. Whoooooo! What's not to love about it? It's Lindsey Kelk, an author who can square up to the big names out there - Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, Paige Toon, Marian Keyes and the list goes on and on - and, Paris. Oh, my. The most beautiful city in the world, well to me, it is, as the setting of the book. What more can makes this book perfect, I ask you? It was a clear winner already. But then, scandal and heartbreak.

The story starts off right after I Heart Hollywood, with Angela Clark bagging the chance to write for Belle magazine, a stepping stone for her, as she only writes for The Look's blog - The Adventures of Angela Clark - quaint, eh? Like all of the I Heart books, Angela does have a love-hate relationship with disaster. Upon arriving in Paris, the trouble started, which will leave you feeling sorry for her, I mean, wouldn't you cry if your suitcase were to be blown to smithereens? As usual, I loved Angela. She's like a sister to me, totally relatable and humble, down-to-earth and very English - I'm not mad, it's perfectly normal to have a fictional sibling, people. I zoomed past the pages of this delectable novel, mainly because it was what chick lit should - light, fun, no tough time analysing the story/plot.

And sexy came in a human form of... Alex Reid - Angie's super hot and handsome rocker boyfriend, who plays quite a huge role in this book, as compared to other I Heart books, because he had to deal with the ghosts of his past, his very beautiful, bitchface ex, Solene. I really liked how Alex could fight off the "antagonist" of the story and still convince Angie he loved her more than anything. Utterly amazing and beautiful. I wish a love like Angie and Alex's exists. It would be magical. And Paris, the perfect location. The love buzzing in the air, which sparkles everywhere, triggering romance in the ambience.

The flow of the book was really fun to read, picking up from where Hollywood ended, was sort of reading a really addictive and never ending book. I wonder why the I Heart series isn't made into a film yet, hurry up, Hollywood fat cats! Work those dosh! As I mentioned, I loved the books, so coming back after reading other books was not a problem - think of it as a family reunion with your fictional sibling, in your head.

I loved it. I loved. There's your conclusion, people. Now get your copy. For US readers, I Heart Paris is out now, so get your copy as lot are SO BEHIND us. *cues evil laugh*

The US edition of I Heart Paris. Out now!


Rating : 5/5

Comments