Book Review : Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? by Claudia Carroll

Title : Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Author : Claudia Carroll
Publication date : 18th August 2011
Publisher : Avon
Source : Sent by publisher, thank you!

What happens when two people decide to give themselves the year off…from each other?

Annie and Dan were the perfect couple. But now the not-so-newly weds feel more like flatmates than soul mates and wonder where all the fun and fireworks went …

When Annie lands her big break in a smash-hit show that’s heading for the bright lights of Broadway, she’s over the moon. Goodbye remote Irish village of Stickens, hello fabulous Big Apple! But with their relationship already on the rocks, how will Annie and Dan survive the distance?

They’re hitting the pause button on their marriage. One year off from each other – no strings attached, except a date to meet in twelve months at the Rockefeller Centre to decide their fate.

Will they both turn up? Or is it too late for love?


I am a massive fan of Claudia Carroll. I love her books and I requested a copy of her new one, A Very Accidental Love Story and I thought it might be lonely on its way here, so I asked and I got it. Lovely Becke sent me Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? too! I was thrilled and for once, I had a back-to-back Claudia Carroll experience.

I've developed a liking towards Claudia's books because a) I find her writing style rather funny, in a nonchalant way and it's very different from any other authors out there and b) the array of lovely new Irish words I'd most likely pick up. And of course, who could resist the gorgeous covers? So, I had the strongest urge to start on Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? right after A Very Accidental Love Story because.. I had wanted to read it since it was released on my birthday last year!

The story follows Annie and Dan, a once-loved up couple but after about 10 years of being together, they fall out of love for each other. Honestly, the first quarter of the book was really slow for me, especially reading about how boring life in Stickens is. Ugh, to make matters worse, an overbearing mother-in-law and a parasite living off your husband's income. I thought Dan was a lovely guy, before he committed himself into his work, putting constipated farm animals ahead of Annie and I felt sorry for her.

Then, once Annie got the gig at Broadway, yes, Broadway in New York City, things started to pick up. I for once, am a massive fan of NYC as the dazzling night lights of the city that never sleeps, entrances you into loving it more. It's almost magical. I loved the way Claudia wrote about Annie's amazing time in New York, as I read every page of it excitedly, not knowing what was coming along!

The relationship between Annie and Dan was really real as there were flashbacks of how their friendship bloomed to a full on love story. I really thought it was worth reading till 2am. I know, I'm a nutter, I've got mental and it's not normal for a student to stay up till the wee hours of the night, reading. Partying and drinking, yes. But reading, meh.

The plot was well-written as I allowed the book to carry on its pace, me following and reading what Claudia wanted her readers to follow through. At some parts of the book, I was really heartbroken with what Dan did and my heart really went out to Annie. And also, I really developed a sort of indifference towards Annie's life back at Stickens, as compared to NYC. I mean, it was terrible. Thank God the part of the story was well early in the beginning!

I still couldn't shake off the ending of the book. I loved it and me, being the usual romantic sap, really found it very sweet and heartwarming. I wasn't expecting it but then, everyone deserves their happy ever after, no? All in all, I thought it was a really compelling read about falling in love, then falling out of love and falling back in love again. Makes sense? Read it and you'll know!

Rating : 5/5

Comments