Book News : Cupcakes at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

Georgie Hart loves her job – running the luxury handbag concession at Carrington's Department store in the pretty seaside town of Mulberry-On-Sea, and treating herself (once too often!) to a red velvet cupcake with buttercream icing in Carrington's cafĂ©.

But Georgie is thrown into disarray when Carrington's is plunged into a recession-busting makeover, cueing the arrival of femme fatale Maxine, who wields the axe in her immaculately-manicured hands.

It spells a recipe for disaster for Georgie and soon she is fighting not only for her job, but also for the attentions of her gorgeous boss, James. And when hot newcomer Tom arrives, who may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread, Georgie must decide where her loyalties really lie…
 

Cupcakes at Carrington's has to be one of the most anticipated books of 2013 for me. I love debut novels, I do. They are new, undiscovered and utterly exciting. Reading a debut novel for me is like venturing into a new bookstore or shop, where lovely new exciting things awaits me! Alex is a real sweetheart, she's a fabulous person, as she communicates with her readers, well, soon-to-be readers on Twitter and that's such a wonderful thing to do! Back to the book, sigh. Look at the cover! It's got a "Candace Bushnell's One Fifth Avenue" vibe to it and the colours are gorgeous. I think the colours complement each other beautifully and it has to be the best cover I've seen, honestly. The story sounds really interesting, definitely my kind of chick lit. I can't wait for Cupcakes at Carrington's, out in Jan 2013.

Pre-order yourself a copy of this delectable novel on Amazon now!

Comments