Book News : Leftovers by Stella Newman

 A novel about friendship, hope and the power of pasta.

Susie Rosen’s life is a mess. According to her best friend Rebecca, she needs to get over her ex, Jake. Move forward, start online dating – or at least stop being rude to every guy who tries to chat her up.

According to a magazine, she’s a ‘Leftover’ – a post Bridget-Jones 30 something who has neither her dream job, nor a family of her own. She doesn’t even own 6 matching dinner plates.

This is a novel about what it’s really like to be single nowadays in your mid-30s in a big city. It’s about the leftovers we carry with us from our past, the things we need to leave behind.


Sad to say, I missed Stella Newman's debut novel, Pear Shaped. I was so gutted I couldn't find it here in Malaysia, not even at the biggest sale I went to, as many authors have praised it, I felt I was being left out. So it's on my to-buy list and... I can't wait for her next one, Leftovers! It sounds like what I want to read at the moment! Single girl in a big city! Leftovers is out on 25th April 2013.

Pre-order your copy now!
Paperback
Kindle

Comments