Book Review : Me and You by Claudia Carroll

Me and You by Claudia Carroll
Published by : Avon (28th Mar 2013 (Ireland)/15th Aug 2013 (UK))

My dear Irish mammy sent me this, review is a token of gratitude!

The blurb:
I’m fine. I’m sorry. Please take care of him for me. And maybe one day I’ll get to explain. 

Angie knows a lot about her best friend Kitty.
She knows Kitty is mad and wild and loves to wear clashing colours. She knows she’s incredibly funny and generous but also very unreliable.
And she knows that there is a perfect explanation for Kitty standing her up on her birthday.
She thinks she knows everything about Kitty, except she doesn’t. 

Kitty knows that she is the happiest she has ever been.
She knows she’s so lucky to have a lovely boyfriend, Simon and a best friend like Angie.
But what she doesn’t know that on this night, her past is finally going to catch up with her and change everything.

What I thought about it:
I adore my mammy, Claudia. She's so warm and funny and super supportive. When she told me she's sending me her first ever copy of Me and You, I was stupidly giddy and I couldn't stop thanking her. Seriously. So I decided, as a token of gratitude, I would review this for her, I mean, it's the least I could do! 

Me and You is about two best friends, Angie and Kitty, who thought they knew much about each other, but they couldn't be more wrong. You see, on Angie's birthday, the worst possibility actually happens to her; getting stood up by her best friend. That breaks the mother of rules between best friends. Slowly, they realise that Kitty is nowhere reachable, it's as if she has vanished into thin air. You get the works; police involved and all that.

Well, that's just one part of the book, as I wouldn't want to spoil it all for you. I really adored the heroine Angie, where the book is written from her perspective. I really loved Angie's character, she was a likeable character and extremely down-to-earth. I could feel a huge part of my mammy, Claudia in her! She is such a lovely character, ever so caring to her friends and loyal to them.Kitty on the other hand, was the complete opposite! I really liked both characters as they were the perfect example of what best friends are! I really warmed up to all the characters in the book, really. They were such a good bunch!

Although at the beginning, the plot has not been revealed yet, you will get to the point where you'll gasp in shock, trust me. The beginning is a bit slow but if you get past the first few chapters, that is when the good part starts! It's a really warm and poignant tale of forgiveness and following your heart. There were parts where I was hoping that they would find Kitty because a nervous wreck myself, was thinking of all the worst-case scenarios with Angie! In my opinion, the book was well-paced, with intervals at proper parts and I would like to point out that the deleted scene was so hilarious!

Verdict:
A heartwarming tale of moving on, forgiveness and letting your past go. I admit, I did tear up a bit at the end when everything worked out perfectly for all of them. They got their "Hollywood ending" (you'll get this inside joke if you read it!). Incredibly touching that accentuates the utter importance of friendship and love. Perfect for fans of Carole Matthews and Marian Keyes.

Rating : 5/5






ANNE HATHAWAY as Angie
Loyal, warm, kind and sweet. Doesn't that spell Anne Hathaway?













CAREY MULLIGAN as Kitty
Fun, lively, sparky and feisty. Undoubtedly, Carey.

Comments

  1. Ah, Kevin, you have managed to get me so excited about Claudia Carroll! I just started reading 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?' and I have some high hopes for it! This book sounds great, bit mysterious, which makes me really curious to find out what is going to happen to Angie and Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you're enjoying Claudia's books too, I hope!

      Have to get my hands on Personally I Blame My FairyGodmother! I heard it's fab! xx

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this book, so will have to now go and buy it. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thanks for stopping by, G xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was such a warm and lovely book! Loved it xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment