Book Review : Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man by Claudia Carroll

Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man by Claudia Carroll
Published by : Bantam (1st Jan 2008)

Bought this lovely book during my trip to the city!

The blurb:
Ever since she was a little girl, all Amelia Lockwood has ever wanted is to get married. The Tiffany ring, the Vera Wang dress… the whole shebang. The car, the gorgeous flat and three fabulous friends only go so far in consoling her now that she's in her thirties and still not married.

So when Amelia hears about a course that promises she'll be saying ‘I do' before the year is out, she jumps at the chance to enrol.What Amelia doesn't realize is that a fundamental principle of the course is that you need to revisit all your past relationships to work out where you went wrong. In single-minded pursuit of her ultimate goal Amelia gets in touch with every ex-boyfriend she's ever had - right back to age sixteen - with some surprising results!

What I thought about it:
I love Claudia Carroll's books, she is an actress-turned-writer and I have to say, writing has to be her true calling because what she writes is pure genius! Can I go as far as calling her the Irish Sophie Kinsella? No, because she is different from Sophie, her books are much deeper and darker, compared to SK's light and fluffy romantic comedies.

After reading a few titles by Claudia (I Never Fancied Him Anyway, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? and A Very Accidental Love Story), she has quickly become one of my favourite authors. So I made a pact with myself to buy and read and love all her books (something I tend to do if I really really enjoy an author's books).

Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man is about Amelia Lockwood, a successful TV producer who has been very unlucky in love. In her late thirties, she hasn't had success in finding love, but desperate to fulfil her lifelong dream: get married to the man she loves. Enrolling herself into a course to revisit all her exes, many fascinating results await!

This is a wonderfully hilarious book, filled with surprising and heartwarming bits. I adored Amelia, she reminds me so much of Claudia: calm, serene and utterly loveable. Down-to-earth and a great friend, I felt like I was a part of the Lovely Girls (Amelia and her best friends - Jamie, her gay BFF, Caroline and Rachel). This book also focuses on friendship, which is really warm and sweet.

The book is plotted very well, if I may say so. Jumping from ex-disaster to another, I was roaring with laughter at the unsuitable men Amelia was together with! Highly enjoyable and will promise you a good laugh!

Verdict:
A feel-good novel about love which will leave you feeling wanting more from Claudia Carroll. I loved this wonderfully uplifting book, where moving on is imperative when your past is still having a go at you! Highly recommended for fans of Sophie Kinsella and Carole Matthews.

Rating : 5/5





CLAUDIA CARROLL as Amelia
So, my Irish mammy is still considered an actress, right? If no, then so what? She would be perfect for Amelia!

Comments

  1. Ah, you're making me really excited about this book! I still have A Very Accidental Love Story lying on my to-read shelf, but I think I'll try and get this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall look out for this one, great review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment