Author Interview : Meet.. Sophie Kinsella!

Hello everyone! I had the most amazing opportunity! I was given the chance to interview THE Sophie Kinsella about her new book, Wedding Night which is out TODAY! Massive thank you to Sophie who agreed to answer all my questions!

"Dear Kevin - thank you very much for your support and appreciation! Sophie xox"
What inspired you to write your latest book, Wedding Night?
My initial inspiration was the idea of a honeymoon going wrong. I could really visualise all the comedic situations that might have. Then I got the idea, 'what if someone was deliberately sabotaging the honeymoon - for the best possible reasons?' So I came up with the idea of two sisters - one starry eyed and romantic, rushing into marriage with her first love, and the other  sister trying to stop her.

Could you tell us a little bit about Wedding Night?

Wedding Night is first and foremost a comedy - there is plenty of farce and cringingly embarrassing moments. There are two heroines, and we see the action through both their eyes. It's the story of Lottie, who rushes into marriage with her first love, Ben, and jets off on a Greek island honeymoon. Her big sister Fliss is appalled, and does everything she can to disrupt the honeymoon from afar. It was tremendous fun to write and I did find myself laughing out loud. One of the biggest themes is what happens when you hook up with your first love - is it ever a good idea to go back?

What/who was your biggest influence in writing?


I am influenced by so much around me - from contemporary books to films and TV and of course, most importantly, real life! In terms of authors I would always have to return to Jane Austen, who has been a major influence on me and many other authors. Her wit, elegance and romance are unsurpassed.

What do you usually do to get yourself into your “writing mode”? Do you have a particular routine for a writing day?

I often go out to coffee shops when I need to think. I love to have a buzz around me, to people watch and just jot ideas down in a notebook. When I'm properly writing, I start first thing in the morning when my head is clear and all I need is a computer, a cup of coffee and loud music. If I get really stuck I go for a walk, or go out for cocktails with my husband - that usually does the trick!

I miss Becky. A lot. Any chance for a seventh (and hopefully not the last) Shopaholic book?

I miss Becky too! The good news is that I'm planning a seventh Shopaholic book - I can't wait! :)

Comments

  1. She's fantastic. I just bought Wedding Night and love it so far.

    And YES! Another Shopaholic book. Can't wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it's so amazing you actually got to interview Sophie Kinsella! :) So glad to hear a new Shopaholic book is planned, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I'm going to have to get a copy of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited about a new Shopaholic book! Though I love the standalone novels as well :o)

    I like to write in coffee shops too - well, if it's good enough for Sophie Kinsella...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! i love u please keep writing shopaholic books cuz i cant live without them thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx v thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thxthx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how lucky to interview Sophie Kinsella I have read and loved all of her books. You did a great job I would have been too giddy with excitement.

    Sasha from


    thereaderslair.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment