Book Review : This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Published by : Headline (4th Apr 2013)

Received a proof copy from the publisher, thank you!

The blurb:
When 17-year-old Graham Larkin sends an email to a friend about his pet pig, Wilbur, the last thing he expects is a response from the other side of the country, from one Ellie O'Neill. As their online friendship blossoms, they begin to reveal more about themselves but crucially leave out the truth about Ellie's past and Graham's career as a Hollywood heartthrob. And when a new location needs to be found for Graham's next film, he jumps at the chance to visit Ellie's hometown, Henley, Maine. But, now that they're together, it's impossible to keep their secrets for long and there's a lot to overcome if love is to blossom...

What I thought about it:
I adored Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight so when the publicist from Headline was offering proofs, my eyes widened like saucers! And when I got This Is What Happy Looks Like in my mailbox, I did my usual jig!

The cover is absolutely stunning, it's superb. I love it and the blurb is just, wow. How did Jennifer think of this? I wondered. Have you ever read a book where you are swept away by the beauty of it? The hero in the book takes your breath away and once you're finished, you're left with that warm, gooey feeling in your tummy? If you have and looking for a book which promises all that, then this one's for you..

This Is What Happy Looks Like is about a girl who receives an anonymous email from a guy and from that single email, a friendship and bond forms between them. Exchanging witty banters and adorable, cheesy lines, they begin to reveal things about themselves to each other. Then one day, a filming crew arrives at Ellie's town, Henley and with them is Graham Larkin, teenage heartthrob. Is it coincidence or is Fate playing a game on them?

First of all, I have to confess: I am in love with Graham! Is that possible to fall head over heels for a fictional hero? Hmmm, yes. The way Jennifer E. Smith wrote Graham made me want to send out random emails to strangers all over the world, hoping that little lifeline of mine would reach someone like him! Silly me, he's just a brilliant hero and I really adored him. Not to leave out Ellie, the fantastic heroine. I really warmed up to her, she was such a lovely, wonderful friend and of course, who could resist Graham's charms?

The flow of the book worked really well for me and this time, I was really satisfied after reading this, because I finished Jennifer's previous one in a day and since then I was gagging to read another warm, adorable teenage love story! One thing I really enjoyed reading was the email exchange between Ellie and Graham. Utterly genius. I loved it.

Verdict:
Wonderful, hilarious and incredibly compelling. A romantic, magical tale of falling in love with the perfect someone, without judging who they are. I had to read it when I was supposed to be doing my coursework because I couldn't stand being away from Ellie and Graham. Jennifer writes with such humour, that it would be impossible if you can't get them. Loved it.

Rating : 5/5





EMMA WATSON as Ellie
I adore Emma. And Ellie reminds me SO much of Emma. Definitely would pick her as Ellie!















LOGAN LERMAN as Graham
*SCREAAAMMMMMS* Logan Lerman. Enough said.

Comments

  1. I have a copy of this too but haven't got around to reading it yet, sounds great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great, fun read. If you're looking for a fun, clean, romantic YA read--this has a bit of it all, with a surprising storyline that you haven't quite seen before. I really enjoyed it! It's too cute.
    Seattle Search Engine Optimization information

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment