Book Review : Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Published by : Simon & Schuster US/UK (2nd Apr 2013)

A must-buy for me as I loved the first book!

The blurb:
Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

What I thought about it:
I loved the first book of the Beautiful series, Beautiful Disaster, which was written from the heroine, Abby's point of view. It was one of the best New Adult books I've read last year and I knew I had to read Walking Disaster.

In Walking Disaster, the story has shifted over to Travis's perspective, which is a totally new thing for me. Since I only read chick lit, the first few chapters were "uncharted territory" for me as I have never read from a male character's point of view.

As much as I fell hook, line and sinker for Travis in Beautiful Disaster, in this book, readers are given the chance to learn more about Travis, and get into his head, which made it difficult to leave. Never thought a love like Abby and Travis's exist (of course, it's fiction) but I could relate to how deeply Travis loves Abby.

The leading man, Travis is the same old hot-headed, tough and utterly charming Travis Maddox. I guarantee you, once you get into his head, you'll never want to leave. Seeing things through Travis sheds a different light on who he truly is, what becomes of him and all that. Although the storyline is the same as it was in Beautiful Disaster, however there are some parts which is a part of the whole plot, and these "scenes" complete the story from both sides. Not to miss out, the ending the story was supposed to have in Beautiful Disaster!

Well, beware if you're not so keen on profanities, because Travis isn't your preppy school boy, no. He's aggressive, easily angered, broken but has a really wonderful heart. So, if you get past the $%*(#$^*), then you'd really love what Travis has to say. I know I did, because after reading Walking Disaster, my heart went out to the poor guy and I really felt for him.

The verdict:
I can't recommend this highly enough if you're a fan of the new genre - New Adult. It's a MUST-READ if you loved Beautiful Disaster. Dark, heartwarming and gripping. I loved it!

Rating : 5/5






CHANNING TATUM as Travis
OK, hands down. THE Travis for me. Hunky, hot and sexy.







BLAKE LIVELY as Abby
Blond, gorgeous = Blake.
Your argument is invalid.

Comments