Book News: The Proposal by Tasmina Perry

Just say yes to this unforgettable winter read and take a spellbinding, romantic journey through the days of the dazzling debutantes in 1950s London to glamorous New York...

An offer. 

When Ellen Morgan's wealthy boyfriend dumps her just before Christmas, she's left to nurse her broken heart alone. With nothing to lose, she replies to an advertisement requesting a companion for a mysterious 'Manhattan adventure'. 

A journey.

Whisked off to New York with eccentric British aristocrat Georgia Donald, Ellen experiences a glamorous side of the city that she's never seen before. Along the way, Georgia initiates her protege in the arts of old school elegance. 

A secret. 

But as Georgia shares her life lessons, Ellen discovers a painful secret in her mentor's past. A secret that shattered her future. A story of love and betrayal that only Ellen has the power to put right.


I have yet to read a book by Tasmina Perry but I've heard great things about them. So I've got Deep Blue Sea waiting for me and I'm really excited for it! Well, Tasmina is being really lovely this year - releasing TWO books! The cover of The Proposal is different compared to her usual covers, but I really love it! It's so classy and vintage - suits the blurb, if you ask me! The Proposal is out on 7th November 2013.

Pre-order your copy now!
Hardback

Comments

  1. Oh my, I knew nothing about this novel, but it sounds fabulous! You really have to read a Tasmina Perry story asap, Kevin, trust me, they're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duly noted! Deep Blue Sea is next up on my TBR list (I've got a REALLY LONG one!)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jody! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love books that are set in New York; so far, it's the closest I've ever been able to get to actually experience New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the vintage look for the cover too, thank you for sharing!

    I'm the same as you right now Kevin, I've never read a Tasmina Perry book before and also have Deep Blue Sea to read soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment