Book Review: Killer Queens by Rebecca Chance

Killer Queens by Rebecca Chance
Published by: Simon & Schuster UK (1st Aug 2013)

The blurb:
Every little girl grows up dreaming of finding a prince - but what is the fairy tale turns into a right royal nightmare?

Lori is a beautiful, blonde, all-American athlete. When the charismatic ruler of a small, filthy rich European state asks for her hand, she thinks she's snagged Prince Charming. But she soon realizes that all that glitters is not gold...

Belinda was once the most recognized and loved princess in the world. Forced to stage her own death, she lives incognito abroad with her adoring royal lover. Now, she is determined to return to England to see her son Hugo wed, even if it means risking her own life.

Chloe, Prince Hugo's fiancée, is the archetypical English rose. But it's a long road to becoming a princess, even when you're dating the heir to the throne. Perhaps the fairy-tale ending isn't all it was cracked up to be...

Killer queens, scheming kings, murder plots and lashings of steamy sex - find out what REALLY goes on behind closed palace doors. 

Why you will love this:
Rebecca Chance is back again with another sizzling bonkbuster! I am a massive fan of Rebecca Chance's books, really and last year was an amazing year for her, releasing not one, but two dazzling books. How does she do it? I often wonder. Having read a few of her books, I think Killer Queens is her best yet! 

Killer Queens follows the life of three ladies, all somehow, are connected to royalty. Lori, an gorgeous Amazonian Olympic medallist is about to wed Prince Jaochim of a small but wealthy European state, but while she's being swept off her feet, what are his true motives? Belinda, former princess to the British Royalty, had to fake her own death to save herself from a bad marriage, is adamant to see her son, Hugo marry the love of his life, but would she risk everything for that? And lastly, Chloe, fiancée to Prince Hugo, who has to battle valiantly against the paparazzi, to appear as the perfect English Rose, but how far would she sacrifice herself to be the public's queen?

I can't stop thinking about this book, even after I've finished it! It has stuck with me because I loved how Rebecca Chance described royalty - glamorous and majestic. Of course, I did have a lot of fun, lusting over the male characters in this explosive bonkbuster! I can't think of any fault in Rebecca Chance's books and Killer Queens is another runaway success!

I think the characters were very well-written! Every one of them had a story and they were all connected, somehow or rather. I really warmed up to every one of them, the heroines, that is. I adored Chloe the most! She's the fiancée of the dashing Prince Hugo! Oh my! I fancied the pants off him, I think he's the Prince Charming for every girl (and guy).

What's a Rebecca Chance bonkbuster without steamy sex scenes? Oh dear God. They were brilliant! I loved them. And some were rather funny, to be honest. The plots of every heroine were blended in perfectly with the story. Rebecca Chance writes with such flair and polish, I didn't want the book to end. All 500 pages of sheer pleasure! I was so tempted to find myself a royal prince to play bananas with! *wink*

Verdict:
Killer Queens, a dazzling summer read which will leave you wanting more. The queen of bonkbuster does it again! Another smashing winner as it definitely satisfied my guilty pleasure for a book filled with sizzling hot men and exotic holiday destinations, also filled with royal schemes and lots of delicious, saucy bits! I can't recommend it highly enough. Clearly, you'd have to stop yourself from Googling pictures of handsome princes, which I did. Sorry. Meep.

Rating: 5/5




CATHERINE, DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE as Chloe
She's gorgeous, she wasn't of royal blood and she's really down-to-earth and humble!













PRINCESS DIANA as Belinda
I know it's a bit wrong to imagine the deceased, but I had a strong feeling that Belinda and Princess Diana would be a perfect match!











BLAKE LIVELY as Lori
American, gorgeous, blond bombshell. Triple check. Shall I say more?

Comments