Book Review: The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern

The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern
Published by: Harper (10th May 2012)

Bought while on shopping trip with BFF!

Blurb:
Are you taking your life for granted?

Lucy Silchester is. She’s busied herself with other stuff: friends’ lives, work issues, her deteriorating car, that kind of thing. But she’s stuck in a rut – and deluding everyone. Only Lucy knows the real truth.

Time for a wake-up call – a meeting with life. And life turns out to be a kindly, rather run-down man in an old suit, who is determined to bring about change – and won’t let Lucy off the hook.

Sometimes we all need to make time for our life…
Why you would love this:
If you're familiar with Cecelia Ahern's books, then I'm not surprised that you've read The Time of My Life. I've always been a fan of Cecelia Ahern's books, my all-time favourite has to be Where Rainbows End, it was my first by Cecelia Ahern and I loved it!

The Time of My Life follows the story of Lucy Sichester who is leading a miserable life, after getting dumped by her boyfriend, her life seems to be dull, spiralling towards an abyss. She lives in a rut, her friends think that she's not herself and her family are really unnerving. Someone call an intervention! One day, she meets her Life, a middle-aged, shabby man, who resembles her life. In order to find happiness and enjoy living, it's up to Lucy and her Life to determine that.

Right from the start, I adored the heroine, Lucy. She's funny, sharp and could definitely pass as a compulsive liar, but you'd love her as she's definitely got sass in her! I found the characters were very well written, something you expect from a Cecelia Ahern novel, to be honest. I adored Life, at first I was so cross with him for meddling with Lucy's life - he was rude, impatient and I developed an instant dislike towards him, but gradually I warmed up to him.

The one thing I had to point out is that, the beginning of the book took off very well, readers are introduced to Lucy and her horrible mess of a life, her friends and Life. But after the 100-or-so pages, it went on a bit of a sticky patch. But if you get past that, you're in for a treat!

Lucy and Life's mission to get her life back on track will have you in bits, I'm telling you! You see, Lucy is a bit of a liar, she lies to mostly everyone to make her life more bearable and to be honest, she is really in a rut. For every lie she tells, Life reveals a secret of hers!

The Time of My Life is hilarious, incredibly thought-provoking book which is enchant you, but tinged with poignancy, which leaves you wondering about your own life. Another sublime Cecelia Ahern book, which you can't miss out.

Rating: 8/10

Zooey Deschanel as Lucy and Max Greenfield as Life. I adored the both of them on New Girl!

Comments