Book Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It by Cora Carmack
Published by: Ebury (28th Mar 2013)

Purchased on book shopping trip!

Blurb:
Love. Romance. Sex. There’s a first time for everything...

As far as Bliss Edwards can tell, she’s the last virgin standing, certainly amongst her friends. And she’s determined to deal with the ‘problem’ as quickly and simply as possible.

But her plan for a no-strings one night stand turns out to be anything but simple. Especially when she arrives for her first class and recognises her hot new British professor.

She'd left him naked in her bed just 8 hours earlier...


Get yourself a copy now!

Why you would love this:
OK, I told myself that I would give up New Adult as lately, the ones I've read were either too crude or downright erotica. Some are worse, inclining towards Young Adult (what?). So I weighed the options of buying Losing It by Cora Carmack. Many of my fellow bloggers enjoy her books, and since I am constantly in need of hot men/book boyfriends, I took a leap of faith and bought Losing It. Best. Decision. Ever.

Losing It follows the story of Bliss Edwards, a college student, majoring in theatre. But she has one secret she's afraid of letting anyone know: she's a virgin. Eventually, she gives in and pulls a gorgeous, British bloke, drawn to his charms and undeniably delicious accent, Bliss and Garrick find themselves in her bedroom but things don't go according to their favour. The next morning, Bliss comes face to face with Garrick, who turns out to be her new professor and the last time she checked, she left him in bed. Naked.

Oh, my gosh! How can I not sound like a total fangirl when I write this review?! If I do, please forgive me. It's perfectly normal to gush about a book you read and loved and lusted over its hero. Right from the start, I warmed up to Bliss. I understand Bliss, she could be naive at times, compulsive and childish, but aren't twenty-somethings supposed to be like that? I think Losing It was written for me. (Har har. And the world's population of teenagers in transition to adulthood). I could relate to Bliss easily, and don't get me started on our behaviour when it comes to hot men.

I think I'll dedicate a paragraph to Garrick Taylor, aka. Sex on Legs. Handsome, check. Charming, check. Caring, check. Sexy, check. British, check. Literally, he's MY kind of guy. Funny, a great big flirt and devote to literature. I think I could easily replace Bliss, if I have it my way. I'll be honest, I fell in love with him the moment I read about him. Gosh. Butterflies in my stomach.

The characters were brilliantly written, I adored Cain, Bliss's best "male" friend. He's definitely the perfect boyfriend, if Garrick weren't so bloody charming, I would have been heartbroken if Bliss chose Garrick over Cain. The love triangle between Bliss, Garrick and Cain was a thrill to read! Cain might be a really lvoely guy, but I'm definitely Team Garrick! On the other hand, Kelsey, who will be the protagonist of Finding It, was the typical supportive best friend. Gosh, I can't wait to read about her love story!

I adored Losing It! An engaging, addictive yet complicated love story - pure goodness! Cora Carmack has certainly rekindled my love for New Adult and I cannot wait to get my hands on her other books! Cora Carmack, writer of hot men, loads of snogging and more hot men! Step aside, Abbi Glines.

Rating: 10/10

Blake Lively as Bliss and Matt Lanter (MINE) as MY Garrick (:

Comments

  1. ✔ You article is very informative and useful for me. Thanks. my site Book Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing lots of good things about this book! I bought it, but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet!

    I also love your casting! I adore Blake and now I'm probably going to picture her while reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♣It is truly a nice and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing. You may visit this site. social networking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment