Book Review: If I Could Turn Back Time by Nicola Doherty

If I Could Turn Back Time by Nicola Doherty
Published by: Headline Review (24th Oct 2013)

Received a copy for review from the publisher, thank you!

Blurb:
What if you found The One, then lost him again?

Or not so much lost him as became the neurotic, needy girlfriend from hell. The girl who tried to make him choose between her and his job, and got seriously paranoid about his relationship with his best female friend...

Zoe knows she doesn't deserve another chance with David. But if there's the tiniest possibility of making things right, she'll snatch it. Even if it means breaking the laws of physics to do so...

Get yourself a copy now!

Why you would love this:
After reading Nicola Doherty's fabulous debut novel, The Out of Office Girl, I was so excited to read If I Could Turn Back Time. I really enjoyed her writing and she's back with much more fun-filled humour which will definitely appeal to fans of Lindsey Kelk and Sophie Kinsella!

If I Could Turn Back Time follows the story of Zoe, who is recently out of a long term relationship with her then boyfriend, David. She regretted being the clingy, paranoid girlfriend and she would do anything to make him take her back. Then one day, Zoe wakes up from her sleep and she has miraculously travelled back in time! Back to the time before things when wrong with David. Would this be a second chance for her to make things right with David or the perfect opportunity to rethink what she truly wants?

I really warmed up to Zoe from the beginning. I think she portrayed herself as an everywoman and readers will definitely like her as a character and a friend! The characters in the book are a fantastic bunch, there's Zoe's best friends, her kooky but incredibly sweet roommate Max and the insane socio-path Jenny! All in all, I loved the characters in the book.

Zoe works in a department store in the women's clothing department in the book and it's amazing! I love how it whets my passion for fashion! From the latest handbags to the hottest clothes on the rails, I really enjoyed reading about all of it! Reminds me of Miracle on Regent Street by Ali Harris!

The book revolves around time travelling and I was really intrigued to read about the possibility of travelling back in time. I was impressed with Zoe's clever use of the time travel to her advantage. You will definitely enjoy the shenanigans she gets up to in the book during her travel to the past! The book is set in London and I loved how Nicola described it with such detail! It almost felt like I was in the book, as I was totally absorbed in the story.

If I Could Turn Back Time is a fabulously romantic love story which you will love and it will compel you to laugh and root for the heroine. Funny, sharp and an absolute delight! Perfect for fans of romantic comedies and Sophie Kinsella!

Rating: 8/10

Emily Blunt as Zoe and John Krasinski as Max
(Normally I wouldn't approve of this, John is so mine.. but since they are married..)

Comments