Book Review: Christmas At Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

Christmas At Carrington's by Alexandra Brown
Published by: Harper (5th Dec 2013)

Received a copy for review from the publisher, thank you!

Blurb:
Georgie Hart loves Christmas time at Carrington’s Department store. Running the luxury handbag department, Georgie adores helping customers in the hunt for the perfect gift for the perfect someone. And this year is no exception – now she has the hunky Tom, Mr Carrington himself, to spend the special day with.

But when Tom springs a surprise, Georgie’s plans are thrown into chaos. Carrington’s is getting a fresh lease of life in a hot new reality TV show, featuring formidable retail guru, Kelly Cooper.

As the first show airs, Georgie is shown in a far from flattering light. Worse is to come when Kelly’s vile daughter appears to get her claws into Tom. Georgie fears this will be the worst Christmas ever, but Santa still has a little surprise for her stocking this year – she’ll just have to wait until Christmas to find out…


Why you would love this:
Cupcakes At Carrington's is definitely one of my favourite debut novels this year and I couldn't get enough of the heroine, who is a total sweetheart and the sexy hunk of a man, Tom. I was over the moon when Alex told me she'd be releasing the second book. In the same year. Oh my God. I couldn't wait and thankfully, Christmas At Carrington's was worth the wait!

Christmas At Carrington's picks up after where the first book left off, where Georgie gets together with the suave and very dashing Mr Carrington (aka. Tom). But in this book, Carrington's receive a major makeover when ruthless TV star and retail guru Kelly Cooper takes over and there will be loads of changes. One thing's for sure, Georgie's life will definitely take a turn!

I adored Georgie as she was her usual self and reading about her adventures in Christmas At Carrington's was a thrill. I think the characters are very well-written and coming back to the second instalment of the series was like greeting old friends. I loved Eddie, Georgie and Sam's GBF with the sassiest attitude and the drama! Oh the drama! Sam being Georgie's lovable best friend, was the best friend anyone could ask for. And Tom! Whoo. *fans self* Need I elaborate?

I really enjoyed Christmas At Carrington's. There were some part where I could laugh and celebrate with the characters, some parts where my heart goes out to them. I am quite satisfied with Eddie and Sam's involvement to the plot. I promise I won't tell you what, but you're in for a treat! If you thought Cupcakes At Carrington's was brilliant, wait till you get your mitts on Christmas At Carrington's! I think Alexandra Brown makes her characters shine as she writes with such warmth and charm that you can't help but love them all!

Alexandra Brown spoils us with another fabulous book this year as Christmas At Carrington's is without a doubt one of my favourite Christmas books this year! A charming, festive book you will love and be swept away by the glamour of it all. Ooh, one more thing, Eddie is MINE. Ps. Stay tuned for my interview with the charming diva himself!

Rating: 9/10

Rachel McAdams as Georgie and the irresistible Tom Hardy as Tom!

Comments

  1. hii, thanks for disscus about the Christmas At Carrington's by Alexandra Brown.Designer Womens Handbags

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment