Book Review: I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk

I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk
Published by: Harper (21st Nov 2013)

Received a copy for review from the publisher, thank you!

Blurb:
Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…

Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…

• Enormous Christmas tree
• Eggnog
• Eccentric British traditions
• Gorgeous man

But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs – new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays – something’s got to give...


Why you would love this:
HELLO HELLO! Angela Reid (nee Clark) is back this Christmas and I've waited far too long to read the next I Heart book, which is I Heart Christmas! Lindsey Kelk is definitely spoiling us this year with not only one of the most fabulous summer reads, About A Girl, but another I Heart book? GET OUT. It's Lindsey Kelk, it's an I Heart book, it's all about Christmas. What's not to love?

I Heart Christmas continues where I Heart London left off, where Angela is happily married to the rock God boyfriend-now-husband of hers, Alex. With the perfect husband in tow, a fabulous job and running a successful magazine, Christmas is bound to be perfect, right? WRONG. Since it's Angela we're talking about, disaster lurks, waiting in ambush to strike. Could Angela fix and set things right before Christmas?

Angela Clark is one of my favourite chick lit heroines and I just cannot get enough of her! I adore her charm and sarcasm as she carries herself throughout the book. Without a doubt, she would definitely make you root for her and Lindsey Kelk managed to create one of the funniest, most lovable and the girl-next-door kind of heroine. Since I am no stranger to the I Heart books, I really enjoyed reading about the entire gang! There's Alex, the ever dashing hero of the series, Angela's sharp-tongue best friend, Jenny (I think she and I would be really great friends) and a few surprise cameos from the previous I Heart books.

Right from the beginning, Angela worked her charm and immediately, I was hooked from page one! I really like how Lindsey Kelk paces her novels very well and every chapter brings a new surprise for readers. It had me flipping the pages really quickly to race to the ending, even though I really didn't want the book to end! I Heart Christmas was well-paced and bursting with hilarious moments and cleverly-written dialogue that will make you laugh, nope, scratch that, guffaw!

I loved I Heart Christmas! I don't think I'm totally biased as I really enjoyed it. Well, and whatever Lindsey Kelk has ever written, that is! But seriously, it's a gem and if you're a fan of Lindsey's I Heart books, then why haven't you read this? I've been waiting to read I Heart Christmas since Lindsey tweeted that she was writing it! Funny, witty and charming from the beginning, I Heart Christmas will bring you loads of laughter this Christmas!

Rating: 10/10

I've always imagined Lindsey Kelk herself as Angela and I know this is going to sound weird, but I always thought Penn Badgley as Alex (one too many episodes of Gossip Girl...)

Comments

  1. I've bought my daughter this for Christmas, but am tempted to read it myself before wrapping it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment