Top 20 Books of 2013!

I have decided that I can no longer do the whole "awards" thing as I can't decide which book should be crowned winner of each category. I guess it's down to two factors: one, there are too many fantastic books which makes it very difficult for me to choose from and two, I am extremely fickle. So instead, I will choose my top 20 favourites of this year! If you'd like to read my review on the books, just click on the book covers! (Not particularly in the following order, of course!)

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/01/book-review-first-last-kiss-by-ali.htmlThe First Last Kiss - Ali Harris

Ali Harris is back in 2013 with a stunning new book! The First Last Kiss definitely deserves a spot on my Top 20 because it is simply one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. The first book of 2013 I read which left me a blubbering mess, with a major book hangover - I couldn't do anything but read it for the second time round! Romantic, heartwarming and magical right from the start!

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/01/book-review-passionate-love-affair-with.htmlA Passionate Love Affair With A Total Stranger - Lucy Robinson

After reading one of the funniest, most original book last year, which was Lucy Robinson's debut novel, The Greatest Love Story of All Time, I knew I had to have more of Lucy's books. A Passionate Love Affair With A Total Stranger is lives up to my expectations from Lucy Robinson and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it! Loaded with clever dialogue and characters you won't forget, it is the perfect pick-me-up for me after I read the heartbreaking book above..

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/01/book-review-cupcakes-at-carringtons-by.htmlCupcakes At Carrington's - Alexandra Brown

One of my favourite debut novels of 2013 goes to Alexandra Brown's Cupcakes At Carrington's! Set in a picturesque seaside town, it follows the story of Georgie Hart who works in a department store called Carrington's and I found this book immensely enjoyable! With a fabulous plot, a lovable heroine, a dashing hero and the loveliest characters, it surely is a winner on my books! Its sequel, Christmas at Carrington's is a must-read if you've enjoyed this!

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/05/book-review-billy-and-me-by-giovanna.html Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher

It is no surprise that Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher makes it to my Top 20 this year. One of the most charming and enjoyable books of this year for me, I fell in love with this book as soon I started on it. It was love at first sight! And that cover, swoon. I adored the roller-coaster love story between Sophie and Billy which was sweet and adorable as well as every girl's dream.

About A Girl - Lindsey Kelk
http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/07/book-review-about-girl-by-lindsey-kelk.htmlLA LA LA! I guess it's pretty obvious that I LOVE every single one of Lindsey Kelk's books and About A Girl was no exception! The first book of a new series, it is set in Hawaii and reading about Tess's adventures in Hawaii was a wonderful experience! I would enjoy anything written by Lindsey Kelk without a doubt. I adored the heroine, Tess and the handsome and irresistibly charming Nick! I really enjoyed and loved About A Girl because everything worked for me and it's the perfect summer read! That's all.

Wing Girl - Nic Tatano
http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-review-wing-girl-by-nic-tatano.html
One of the most surprising books I've read this year has to be Wing Girl by Nic Tatano! Making his debut on the genre, Nic has got plenty of experience writing chick lit and just like me, he loves chick lit! I adored the heroine, fell into the plot easily and was swept away by the hero, ahem, storyline. You shouldn't miss Wing Girl because it's funny, sharp and witty - bursting with quick comebacks and sweet romantic scenes. I look forward to what Nic Tatano has for us next year!

Killer Queens - Rebecca Chance

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-review-killer-queens-by-rebecca.htmlThe queen of bonkbuster is back with another sinfully delicious read which you will devour! Killer Queens is an explosive read which will blow you away and have you racing through the pages! I couldn't stop reading it and I had to race to the ending, utterly absorbed by the twisting plot! Of course, I found my true love in the pages of Killer Queens, introducing the yummy Prince Hugo. HE'S MINE! Rebecca Chance has done it again - I am beside with excitement, waiting for her next book, Bad Brides which will be out next March!

A Gift To Remember - Melissa Hill

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-gift-to-remember-by-melissa.htmlA Gift To Remember was such a charming and engaging book - I adored the book as much as I love reading on a rainy evening. Plus, the cover is to die for! Set in New York, a city most readers are wildly fascinated by, a beautifully written plot with unexpected twists, I couldn't get enough of this book! Melissa Hill is no stranger to writing Christmas miracles, let me tell you!

Beyond Grace's Rainbow - Carmel Harrington

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/09/book-review-beyond-graces-rainbow-by.htmlI guess Carmel Harrington has written a hell of a tearjerker for her debut as Beyond Grace's Rainbow is simply beautiful and touching. I loved the storyline and the characters were written so wonderfully and full of heart and warmth. It is evident that Carmel Harrington writes from her heart and Beyond Grace's Rainbow will no doubt leave you a blubbering mess! A massively emotional book, filled with humour and poignancy.

Step Back in Time - Ali McNamara
http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-step-back-in-time-by-ali.html
Watch out! Here's a book you should definitely read this year! Step back in time with Ali McNamara's heroine, Jo Jo who is such a fabulous character, as she travels back in time by consecutive decades to rediscover her love for music and finding her true love and happy ending. The plot intrigued me and I was in raptures when I finished Step Back in Time! A fabulously written book with an engaging plot, lovable characters and a charming fairy godfather! Prepared to be whisked away on an adventure of a lifetime!

Take A Look At Me Now - Miranda Dickinson

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-how-to-fall-in-love-by.htmlAnother fabulous book I absolutely loved was Miranda Dickinson's Take A Look At Me Now! I can't believe what an amazing book Miranda Dickinson wrote! Basically, it's about picking yourself up after life knocks you down and you grab every opportunity you can get and live a bigger, happier life! I adored the heroine, Nell as I could definitely feel inspired by her! Who would take a trip of a lifetime to San Francisco to have a great adventure? You got that right, it's an exciting, inspiring book you will love, no doubt!

Me and You - Claudia Carroll
http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-me-and-you-by-claudia.html
I am no stranger to Claudia Carroll's books and I was so thrilled to have read her latest, Me and You which focuses on missing persons and the entire mystery behind the character's disappearance. I enjoy Claudia Carroll's writing and with every book, she seems to be getting better at mastering the art of storytelling. Me and You is filled with poignancy and deals with issues in the now: missing people, domestic abuse. Truly insightful and touching. You wouldn't want to miss this one!

The Wish List - Jane Costello

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/05/book-review-wish-list-by-jane-costello.htmlI LOVE Jane Costello. She's one of my favourite authors and I am always looking forward to her books. This year, her book The Wish List does not disappoint! In fact, I loved it so much, I am so thrilled for her books to come! Have you ever compiled a bucket list? Well, Emma has written one, when she was a teenager and she's determined to complete every item on that list before turning 30. Funny, entertaining and absolutely hilarious - another Jane Costello book you will love!

The Longest Holiday - Paige Toon
http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/05/book-review-longest-holiday-by-paige.html 
It is an understatement when I say I love Paige Toon's books. I have every one of her books and I loved all of them! The Longest Holiday follows the story of Laura, who is married to the perfect guy, at least, he was until she found out he fathered another woman's child after a drunken shag in a club's loo. Humiliated, Laura follows her friends to Key West and immediately the sun and beach and a certain Cuban hottie begins to distract her. An escapist read with a barrels of laugh and excitement with unexpected twists and turns. (If you remember her from Chasing Daisy.. )

Here's Looking At You - Mhairi McFarlane

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/12/book-review-heres-looking-at-you-by.htmlYay! The new girl on the block is back! Author of my favourite debut novel last year, You Had Me At Hello is back this year with another laugh-out-loud, witty and insanely addictive book! Here's Looking At You deserves to be on my Top 20 because it's a rollercoaster of a book. I loved the sharp-tongued and quick-witted heroine, Anna and the dashing Mr Darcy-esque hero, James. Together, they present the funniest, most entertaining dialogues filled with sarcasm and wit. And not forgetting humour!

How To Fall in Love - Cecelia Ahern
http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-how-to-fall-in-love-by.html
One of the most heartwarming books I've ever read. Ever. Cecelia Ahern has made a triumphant comeback with How To Fall in Love. Can you really help someone find their purpose in life again? Will love get in the way? As usual, the queen of modern fairytales manages to carve a breathtakingly beautiful plot which will pull your heartstrings and compel you to feel with her characters. An unforgettable book, one you should have on your shelves to read again when you're in need of a boost when life knocks you down.

Yours Truly - Kirsty Greenwood

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/11/book-review-yours-truly-by-kirsty.htmlUndoubtedly, after reading Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood, I've found my new soulmate. Yes, not Kirsty (Sorry, K! You have Edd!) but the heroine, Natalie. I think she's overtaken Becky Bloomwood from my best friends list. Oopsh, it's a good thing though! In Yours Truly, Natalie gets hypnotised and she's fallen under the spell. And whatever she says is like word vomit. She can't control what she says and it was a ball having to laugh about the funny predicaments she finds herself in! Utterly enjoyable, hilarious and romantic. A sparkling debut from an author to look out for! Oh, and don't forget to imagine Carly Chaikin (as Dalia in Suburgatory) as Dionne.

The Twelve Dates of Christmas - Lisa Dickenson

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/12/book-review-twelve-dates-of-christmas.htmlThe Twelve Dates of Christmas is a six-part eBook written by my newest bestest friend in the whole world, Lisa Dickenson. It follows the tale of an absolute sweetheart, Claudia who goes on 12 dates before Christmas to find the love of her life after being dumped by that mahoosive loser of a boyfriend. Funny, filled with romance and bursting with laugh-out-loud moments featuring one of the most charming heroes I've ever read about. Please don't hesitate when it comes to getting these eBooks for Christmas. You won't be disappointed, trust me!

I Heart Christmas - Lindsey Kelk

http://www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/12/book-review-i-heart-christmas-by.htmlANGELA REID (NEE CLARK) IS BACK! Hurrah! After a long wait, Angela is back this Christmas with a very busy Christmas in front of her. Christmas will be different as she has a ring on her finger, a new surname, and a kick-arse job. And we all know, when it comes to Angie, nothing ever goes according to plan. I hope it's not the last I Heart book as I would be awfully devastated. Set in New York, with the most beautiful ending and wonderful cast of characters who are more like old friends, I Heart Christmas will be a thrill of a read!

Wedding Night - Sophie Kinsella

http://iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com/2013/04/book-review-wedding-night-by-sophie.htmlWhat's a year in chick lit without the queen of chick lit, eh? I might be slightly biased, but I LOVE whatever Sophie Kinsella writes. Her books are like the finest chocolates in the world and I'm the biggest chocolate-crazed aficionado in the world. Wedding Night follows the story of two sisters, Lottie and Fliss, each women with different tales which will eventually marry to form an unforgettable plot. Get the pun? No? OK, fine. It was pretty bad. What I'm trying to say is, if you love chick lit, you will have read and loved this one. End of.

So, that wraps up my 2013, guys. NOT. Stay tuned as I pick my Top 5 books of 2013 on Boxing Day! Any guesses on which books are my utmost favourites this year?

Comments

  1. Thank you Kevin, for your continued support of my work! Proud to be on the list with so many terrific writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! to everyone for making the top 20 list of 2013 at iheart-chicklit.blogspot! Especially to fellow HI authors Nic Tatano for Wing Girl and Carmel Harrington for Grace's Rainbow! Champagne on ice, anyone?! :))) Celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God this is a list if awesome books isn't it! I own all of em & have read most & so completely agree with them all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment