Book Review: Ice Creams at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

Ice Creams at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown
Publisher: Harper (5th Jun 2014)

Received a copy for review from the publisher, thank you!

Blurb:
Georgie Hart and Carrington’s Department Store have got the world at their feet. Since a reality TV series put them both on the map, life has been amazing! Carrington’s profits are in the pink, Georgie has carved herself a place in the nation’s heart and even better, her romance with Tom, the store’s boss, has finally blossomed after a shaky start.

Now summertime has come to Mulberry-on-Sea and Georgie is in great demand. The town is holding a big summer festival and she and her mates from Carrington’s are planning on making sure that Mulberry puts on the show of its life!

But Georgie is about to get the offer of a lifetime – one that is just too good to turn down and something that will test her loyalties to their limits… Will Georgie be able to pull off it off once again, or has her luck finally run out?

Whoop whoop! Georgie Hart and the gang are back this summer and it's a fabulous time to be enjoying the summer sunshine and eating a delicious ice-cream! I was so excited for the third (hopefully not the last) book in the series and it's even better than I expected. A pretty cover, exciting new plot, familiar characters and a dashing hero, what's not to love?

Ice Creams at Carrington's continues off where the previous book left off, if you've not read Cupcakes at Carrington's and Christmas at Carrington's, I urge you to - you won't be disappointed, trust me! If you'd like a little taster of how scrummy Alexandra Brown's writing is, why not pick this one up and give it a go? I'm all about discovering new authors and Alexandra Brown is definitely one to watch! Back to the book, after reading the second book, I believed I couldn't be happier for Georgie and Tom, but I was so wrong. In Ice Creams at Carrington's, be prepared for a wonderful and exhilarating ride of excitement as well as emotions. I would keep going on and on, but I wouldn't want to spoil it for you. Just so you know, I squealed. A LOT.

The thing I love about reading a series is that everything falls back into place and when you read the book(s), you are immediately embraced by the familiarity of it, especially the characters. Reading Ice Creams at Carrington's after almost 6 months, the book welcomed me back into the lives of Georgie and the gang and it's an incredible feeling. It felt so good to be back with the insanely crazy yet lovable characters, especially the incredibly sexy Tom, fiercely loyal Sam and flamboyant Eddie!

The plot was sublime - exciting and highly enjoyable. I loved how the book kept me guessing and predicting but I was wronged more than once. Sprinkled with little surprises, I couldn't get enough of Ice Creams at Carrington's and the ending was equally perfect and beautiful. Fingers crossed for another book - I'd be heartbroken if there isn't one!

Ice Creams at Carrington's is delicious and fulfilling as ice-cream on a hot summer's day. It's comforting and delightful and you just cannot get enough of it! Funny, sparkling and utterly delectable. Your ideal summer holiday companion. Alexandra Brown is one of the rising stars of chick lit.

Rating: 9/10

Rachel McAdams reprises her role as Georgie because she's fabulous! Ben Barnes is my new Tom <3

Comments