Book Review: Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK (22nd May 2014)

Received a copy for review from the publisher, thank you!

Blurb:
Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia.
 

Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends.
 

But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business…
Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia.
Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends.
But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business… - See more at: http://books.simonandschuster.co.uk/Thirteen-Weddings/Paige-Toon/9781471113413#sthash.xwV0idcy.dpuf

I am a huge fan of Paige Toon’s novels and I squealed when I received a copy of Thirteen Weddings for review. One of my most anticipated books of the year, I really couldn’t help myself when it arrived! I dived right into the book and I was so engrossed in the book, I finished it in three sittings!

Right from the start, I guess I fell into the book immediately. The prologue was so flipping good, my attention was captured and I was hooked! The book follows the story of Bronte Taylor (LOVE the name!) who flies over to the UK for her friend’s wedding only to have her heart broken after a night of passion with a gorgeous heartthrob.

I think Paige Toon has perfected her recipe for a delicious love triangle. Readers will be rooting for the heroine, Bronte and they will be spoilt for choice, and torn between being on Team Alex or Team Lachie. Well, I won't spoil it for you, but it's very well-written and you'll be on tenterhooks, eager to find out who Bronte's happily ever after is.

I have always been a sucker for a good wedding, but in Thirteen Weddings, I am spoilt for choice for a favourite. I loved how detailed Paige Toon's description of each and every one of the weddings in the books. Every wedding was beautifully written with notes of humour and drama and loads of moments where you'll swoon at the sheer magic of it all.

I loved the chemistry between Bronte and Alex but I really enjoyed Lachie's companionship and for being Bronte's rock through all the hard times. I guess it's not up to me, now is it? All in all, it's fantastic written and I really felt for poor Bronte, being in an impossible love triangle. After all, we are capable of loving more than one person. The ending was dealt with tenderly and with Paige Toon's signature flair.

 Rating: 9/10

Amy Adams as Bronte, Ben Barnes as Alex and Chris Hemsworth as Lachie

Comments