Book Review: How to Win A Guy in 10 Dates by Jane Linfoot

How to Win A Guy in 10 Dates by Jane Linfoot 
Publisher: HarperImpulse (8th May 2014) 
Amazon || Goodreads 

Received a proof copy from the publisher, thank you! 

Blurb: 
The 10 Date Challenge

Day 1: Take one loaded commitment-phobe explosives expert, embarking on the impossible–a challenge to have ten dates with one woman.

Day 5: Add in a fiercely independent and feisty burlesque teacher who has sworn off men.

Day 10: She’s so not his type and he’s so not in her life-plan. But the heat is sizzling and the attraction is explosive. And they’re fighting it all the way…

 After sitting on my TBR pile for quite some time, I finally got around reading Jane Linfoot’s debut novel, How to Win A Guy in 10 Dates. I’d like to thank the lovely HarperImpulse team for sending me a copy for review!

How to Win A Guy in 10 Dates follows the story of Millie Brown who has meets super sexy and rich (playboy) typhoon Ed on unpleasant circumstances. Slowly, the pair of them start getting closer and they find themselves enjoying each other’s company.. BUT little does she know that he’s dating him for a bet. Will there be more than one broken heart at the end?

If you know me well enough, you’ll know that I’m a sucker for a good romantic comedy. The sappier, the better. I don’t mind the predictability in chick lit and rom coms. Really, I don’t. I love reading about how the heroine and hero develop a friendship which slowly, gradually blossoms into a beautiful love affair. That’s what you get when you pick up How to Win A Guy in 10 Dates. The storyline reminds me of a rom com I watched way back starring Kate Hudson and the irresistible Matthew McCoughnahey, a film which I enjoyed immensely.

The characters are well written, but I admit, at times I just want to give Millie and Ed a good shake. I mean, come on! You’re attracted to each other, then just confess your feelings. The tension between the two of them is really frustrating. There were so many near misses, I even did an almost cheer. Trust me, it’s worth it. It’s a happy ending. Bottom line: Jane Linfoot can definitely keep you hooked.

How to Win A Guy in 10 Dates is fun, flirty and steamy. If you're looking for a sexy, light read, then you won't go wrong with this one! You can finish it quickly - load it up on your Kindle for this summer holidays!

 Rating: 7/10
Emma Roberts as Millie and MATT BOMER (BOOM!) as Ed

Comments