Book Review: Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Usborne (14th Aug 2014) 

Purchased. 

Blurb:
Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on brooding artist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And, after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer break, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to face uncertainty about their futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.

First, Stephanie Perkins made me fall in love with Anna and Etienne’s romantic love affair in the City of Lights, then she made me greedy by introducing me to the lovely couple that are Lola and Cricket. Now, she’s filled my heart with so much love for Isla and Josh. I cannot believe the trilogy is over when I turned the final page of Isla and The Happily Ever After. I adored every single one of the books in the trilogy and it’s really difficult to say goodbye to the characters.

If you’ve been following the series, Isla Martin was first introduced in Anna and The French Kiss. Isla, a super bright, shy and extremely likeable redhead, has been harbouring a crush on Josh Wasserstein since forever and when Fate brings them together on a fateful night in a cafe in New York, it’s definitely the beginning of something. As they begin to discover more about each other, they explore the tenderness and intricacies of their passionate love affair.

Gah! I cannot begin to describe how much I loved Isla and The Happily Ever After. I loved it so much, I had to hug the book after finishing it and my thoughts were all about Isla and Josh’s incredibly adorable love story. I guess it’s because Stephanie Perkins has this gift to write the sweetest, most romantic romances and it’s simply creative and effortless. I don’t doubt that readers will fall in love with her books, especially her characters.

Right from the beginning of the book, I knew I would like Isla. She’s really adorable and her sweet nature is what makes her such a likeable heroine. Her story is really relatable to readers as everyone must have had crushes in their lives and her (not so) little crush on Josh is just too cute! Josh, oh Josh. If you could describe him in one word, it’s DREAMY. His brooding demeanour kept me guessing and I fell in love with him more and more as I kept on reading. All in all, he is the perfect guy! Stephanie Perkins’s heroines are SO lucky. Etienne has the confidence and charisma, Cricket has the gift of invention and there’s Josh, with his tendonitis? – ha! Not quite, he’s the creative one.

Get ready to be taken on a magical ride with Stephanie Perkins’s new book, Isla and The Happily Ever After. This highly anticipated love story doesn’t disappoint, in fact, it will leave a silly grin on your face and possibly a flutter in your heart, telling you that true love does exist. Enchanting, romantic and dreamy, this book is young adult romance at its best with the perfect blend of charm, clever dialogue and all that feels! It sums up the entire trilogy with the perfect ending and fans of Stephanie Perkins will rejoice and celebrate this immensely captivating trilogy.


The gorgeous Bonnie Wright as Isla and the delicious Daniel Sharman as Josh

Comments