Review: My True Love Gave to Me (edited by Stephanie Perkins)

My True Love Gave to Me by Ally Carter, Holly Black. Laini Taylor, Rainbow Rowell, Matt de la Peña, David Levithan, Stephanie Perkins (Editor), Kiersten White, Kelly Link, Jenny Han, Gayle Forman & Myra McEntire
Publisher: Macmillan's Children Books (9th Oct 2014)

Received a copy for review from Macmillan's Children Books, thank you!

Blurb:
A collection of joyful festive stories that will keep you warm during the cold winter months

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me . . .

This beautiful collection features twelve gorgeously romantic stories set during the festive period, by some of the most talented and exciting YA authors writing today. The stories are filled with the magic of first love and the magic of the holidays.

I adored Christmas and festive reads because being in Malaysia, the closest we get to snow is the really cold and heavy rains during the monsoon seasons. So I had the most fantastic opportunity to indulge in these 12 Christmas love stories written by today's hottest YA authors, including my absolute favourite: Stephanie Perkins!

My True Love Gave to Me is your ideal Christmas pressie for your best friends and loved ones, basically anyone who enjoys reading romantic comedies and teenage love stories so they could soak up the adorableness of it all! My favourite story has to be Stephanie Perkins's It's A Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown which is all kinds of adorable and sweet and filled with too cute moments. Jenny Han's Polaris Is Where You'll Find Me is just as cute with a really lovely twist to it and Matt de la Peña's Angels in the Snow is one of the few stories that centres around a male character and it's so funny and cute and gah!

I truly enjoyed My True Love Gave to Me as it's all the loveliest and cutest stories all wrapped up in one gorgeous hardcover. Oh! Don't forget the hot pink finishing of the pages AND a fabulous gold ribbon as a bookmark. Highly recommend this one!


Comments