Review - All That Glitters (Geek Girl #4) by Holly Smale

ATGAll That Glitters by Holly Smale
Publisher: HarperCollins Children’s Books (26th Feb 2015)


Blurb:
Harriet Manners knows many things.


She knows that toilet roll was invented by the Chinese in 600 AD.


She knows that a comet’s tail always points away from the sun.


And she knows that the average healthy heart beats 70 times per minute. Even when it’s broken.


But she knows nothing about making new friends at Sixth Form. Or why even her old friends seem to be avoiding her. And she knows even less about being a glittering supermodel success. Which she now is – apparently.


Has Harriet’s time to shine like a star finally arrived, or is she about to crash and burn?


I have thoroughly enjoyed the previous Geek Girl books and I’m a massive fan of Holly Smale’s best-selling series. We’ve seen Harriet jet off to Russia for her first model assignment in the first book, then we saw her flying off to Japan for a trip of her lifetime. In the third, she went across the Atlantic and rocked America. Now, get ready for the Harriet to rock Sixth Form!


I was so thrilled when I learned that Holly Smale is to write two more Geek Girl books after reading Geek Girl: Picture Perfect! Back to Picture Perfect! If you’ve been following the series, Harriet is back in school for Sixth Form after her disastrous adventure in America. I really liked that All That Glitter has the quintessential English setting, which what made me fall in love with Harriet and the series in the first place.


I loved reading about Harriet’s life as a student after she’s experienced the many opportunities and cultures when she was modelling. Since All That Glitters is set in Harriet’s school and her best panda friend, Natalie is going to fashion college, Harriet has to navigate through the tricky waters of school cliques and fitting into school again.


I wouldn’t say that All That Glitters is my favourite book in the series because the first book has a special place in my heart but All That Glitters is just as funny, witty and enjoyable as the other books in the series. I don’t want to spoil it for you by revealing what happened in the previous  books, especially what happened at the end of Picture Perfect which almost shattered me.


The characters were such a thrill to read and I have missed Harriet's No. 1 fan/stalker, TOBY! I was slightly gutted that Nick wasn't in the book but it was a great chance for Harriet to live her life and not care too much about what happened between her and Nick. Also, there's a new potential love interest which gave me the feels. I am eagerly awaiting for more in the next book!


With her trademark wit and wicked sense of humour, Holly Smale delivers another stunning winner in the series that makes me love Harriet more. Incredibly feel good, light-hearted and totally relatable, I loved All That Glitters and I can’t wait for Head Over Heels which will be out next month!


I’d like to thank HarperCollins UK for sending me a copy for review. All That Glitters is out now.

Comments