Review - All Wrapped Up (Geek Girl #1.5) by Holly Smale

GGAWUGeek Girl: All Wrapped Up by Holly Smale
Publisher: HarperCollins Children’s Books (5th Nov 2015)
Genre: Contemporary YA


Blurb:
Harriet Manners knows a lot about Christmas.

She knows that every year Santa climbs down 91.8 million chimneys.

She knows that Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was almost definitely a girl.

She knows that the first artificial Christmas trees were made out of goose feathers.

But this Christmas is extra special for Harriet, because four days ago she had her First Ever Kiss.

Now she just needs to work out what's supposed to happen next...

Ha! If you know me well enough, you know that my ideal literary best friend would be Harriet Manners because she’s just adorable and she has such a sparkling personality. So, I was all kinds of excited for Holly Smale’s Geek Girl Christmas short story. It is in a really wonderful hardcover and it’s the perfect gift for your loved ones.

Harriet Manners is back and All Wrapped Up is set after the events of the first Geek Girl book. If you’ve not read Geek Girl, I strongly recommend you to read it, followed by the entire series because Holly Smale is awesome and she is one of the writers out there who promote the joys of reading! Her Geek Girl books are filled up interesting facts that makes her books so enjoyable. Back to All Wrapped Up! Harriet has just been kissed by the charming and adorable -as-heck, Nick and in All Wrapped Up focuses on their first date in London.

All Wrapped Up was a little tasty appetiser for me. It’s to whet my appetite for the fifth Geek Girl book, Head Over Heels which will be out later this year. I really enjoyed it but I was gutted when I finished it. I took less than an hour to finish All Wrapped Up because it is a short and sweet story but I wished it were longer. BECAUSE I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF HARRIET MANNERS.

It’s the perfect Christmas gift but it’s also a wonderful edition to the series as I really adore Harriet and Nick’s relationship. They are adorable, cutesy and GAH, my heart, I just ship them so much. And here’s the part where I jump on their ship #Harrick and wish for it to set sail to the ends of the world!

Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up is out now on hardcover and eBook. I’d like to thank HarperCollins UK for sending me a copy for review.

Comments