Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

TTTTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature run by the wonderful bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish and this week, it is my first time participating so here goes! For more information regarding Top Ten Tuesday, please check out The Broke and the Bookish blog – they are amazing.

I had so much compiling a list of top ten books I'm really excited for in the first half of 2016 for my first TTT. So this week's TTT is.. Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't! However, I don't think I can reach 10 books on this list because.. I have read most of the 2015 releases I have been wanting to read - HAH! Score to Kevin. So here's the 6 books I missed out in 2015 - I know. I'm such a nugget.

Zodiac1. Zodiac by Romina Russell

I have heard so many good things about Zodiac but for some reason, I haven't got it! I know it's got really amazing world building and it's sci-fi-meets-high-fantasy - I need to read this! I love a good story that is set in an entirely new galaxy and my bookish friends in our bookish group, MY Bibilomaniacs, keep waxing lyrical about Zodiac so it's definitely on my list. Still, I need to get it soon!

2. Soundless by Richelle MeadSoundless

Here's another Richelle Mead book that I have to read but I haven't. Sorry to be a total cow, but please get in line, Soundless. I still need to read the Bloodlines series. I am unfortunately not blessed with the superhuman ability to read a book a day. I actually wanted to get Soundless when it first came out but due to unfavourable reviews on Goodreads and Amazon, I was deterred from getting it. But! I'd rather judge it for myself so I have to find a day when I am not broke to get it.

ATN3. A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston

Here's another book that makes the list. I don't even know why I didn't get it. Maybe it's because of unfavourable reviews from fellow bloggers? Or that my bank account is bleeding dry, but I am saddened that I can't own this beautiful book. I'm not really familiar with the original story of Arabian Nights but you have to agree that the cover of A Thousand Nights is fucking stunning. And don't get me started on the intricate designs on the pages and the hardcover under the flap. Swoon!

4. Everything, Everything by Nicola YoonEE

Can you tell me why I didn't get Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon when I made uncountable trips to bookstores? Well, I've heard so many good things and still, I haven't got this beauty yet. With beautiful illustrations by Nicola's husband, I guess it's a must-have for me? Since I love beautiful things. Scratch that, I'm a sucker for beautiful things.

Simon5. Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Pound the alarm! Kevin is officially the biggest tit in the world. He let Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda go when he saw a glorious copy of it in Bookalicious last week. Well, in my defence, I was broke (seems to be the only plausible and valid reason for bookworms) so I couldn't get it. I have heard SO MANY GOOD THINGS about it and I love LGBT-themed books so I hope when I do get to get Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda, I'd fanboy over it. Hard.

6. Magonia by Maria Dahvana HeadleyMagonia

Not getting Magonia must have been one of the biggest regrets in 2015 for me. I mean, look at the cover. You could cry just looking at its magnificence. Again, it's a high fantasy/sci-fi novel and it sounds right up my street. So here's hoping that that I do get Magonia.

Comments

  1. You must be very organised with your reading to only have 6 books on your list, I could have a lot more than 10!! Everything Everything and Magonia and Soundless are all on my long TBR list and I've heard good things about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Even though they didn't make it on my list, I also need to read Magonia and Soundless. I did read Everything, Everything and Simon VS and they were both great. I hope you'll enjoy them whenever you get a chance to read them.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Bogdana!

    Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my TTT for this week!

    I heard so many great things about Simon vs the Homo Sapien Agenda and it's totally cute! And I love LGBT lit so I have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Sue!

    Thank you so much for stopping by!

    Heh. Well, I have read most of the books I wanted to read and it's been great!

    I've heard mixed reviews for Soundless but I am willing to try it! I love Richelle Mead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Simon Vs. is such a good book! It just won the Morris Award yesterday and Becky is seriously one of the sweetest authors ever. I hope you get to read it because the companion novel is coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. Are you serious? I HAVE to get it now!

    Thanks for dropping by, Nicole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you can get to all of these books this year. Everything Everything is a great read! I hope you love it too! :)

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, Kevin! You have some books on your list that I meant to get to too. Good for you on reading most of what you wanted to last year! I'm so far behind, it's pathetic. My list today easily could have been twenty books. I really want to read Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda and Soundless too. I did at least read A Thousand Nights and I really liked it. Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier! I hope you get to read the books on your list sometime soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment