Books I'm Excited For - May 2016

Sorry for being a bit MIA during the past few days - I was busy catching up on reading and now I'm back at Uni. Ughhh.


Eek! It's almost the end of April and May is just around the corner! Can you believe how quickly time flies? So here's a list of books I need that are releasing next month. If you want to find out more about them, click on the titles - it'll link you to Goodreads!


ACOMAFA Court of Mist and Fury by the unstoppable Sarah J. Maas


Before the flailing and fanboying and bouncing ensue, I just want to put it out there. Sarah J. Maas is my queen and I adore her books. A few days ago, Sarah shared a photo of finished copies of A Court of Mist and Fury (aka ACOMAF) and they look fucking stunning. And.. ACOMAF is twice the size of ACOTAR! Much expansion of Prythian, I reckon and I am already beside myself with giddy excitement! OKAY, the flailing, fanboying and bouncing shall began!


Even If The Sky Falls by Mia GarciaEITSF


I have been seeing this gorgeous book on Twitter and Amazon and Goodreads and it's a sign. I have to read it and the cover is so colourful and vibrant and -


Yes, I need to get it. End of.


TCThe Crown by Kiera Cass


Okay, I know it's not very nice to judge a book by it's cover, but sorry to say that among all the Selection covers, The Crown looks the least attractive to me. I don't think the colour is pretty at all and the model on the cover looks heavily made up. SORRY. But since it's the last book of the Selection series, I'll just read it for the sake of finishing the series. I felt that I didn't want to "meet" Eadlyn but oh well, I did like America and Maxon's love story, let's see if the bratty daughter gets hers. Fuck, that was harsh.


Ruined by Amy TinteraRuined


I received a proof copy Ruined from HarperCollinstoday and I must say, there's a reason why I chose Ruined because blurb is a reminiscence of Red Queen meets The Selection with a dollop of Throne of Glass for good measure. I just hope that Ruined won't disappoint!


L&GLove & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch


I was immediately drawn to the cover of Love & Gelato because who doesn't like ice cream? JAYSUS.


The blurb of the book sounds amazing and I do like a cutesy romance once in a while. AND THE BOOK IS SET IN ITALY, LAND OF GELATO AND PIZZA. WHO DOESN'T LOVE A DELICIOUS SLICE OF HEAVEN?


I rest my case.TCG


The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


The heroine can summon snow and turn ash into gold. What more can I say? The reason why I love fantasy is because of the magical element in the story and what's not to love when it comes to magic, dark secrets and a forbidden romance? I can't say that I am crazy about the cover, but it'll do. I'll let it pass! Heh.


What about you? What are you looking forward to reading next month?

Comments

  1. The book by Mia Garcia has gorgeous design! And I've been eyeing Love & Gelato, hope it's good. I agree on The Crown too, I really couldn't care less about Eadlyn but I just want to know the end. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIGHT? I hated her in The Heir. Like, stupid, spoiled brat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Crown, ACOMAF, and The Crown's Game are definitely in my list! I adore the cover of Love & Gelato and can't wait to see if the story's as good :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to many of these as well. A Court of Mist and Fury is high on my list, but there are so many books I need to get to and I don't know when I'll get a chance to pick it up. I look forward to your thought on Ruined. I've been eyeing it, but I haven't come across any reviews of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading it NOW and it's quite good, actually. The world building is clear and it's not too complicated and full-on. I'm looking forward to the romance part of the book, to be honest.

    ACOMAF. Oh, my heart. I hope I am emotionally ready for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment