Top Ten Tuesday - Books Every YA Reader Should Read

TTT CoverTop Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature run by the wonderful bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish and this week, it is my first time participating so here goes! For more information regarding Top Ten Tuesday, please check out The Broke and the Bookish blog – they are amazing.


Hello, hello! This week's Top Ten Tuesday on Bookevin is.. the Top Ten Books Every YA Reader Should Read because, well, YA is the best genre there is. Hands down.


TSS1.  Harry Potter series by the one and only J. K. Rowling


It's Harry Potter. 'Nuff said. If you disagree with me, let's duel. If you think Harry Potter is awesome, let's be friends!


2.  Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. MaasTOG


If you've been following my blog and Twitter, you would probably know that I'm quite the SJM fanboy. Like, when she came to Malaysia last month, I only missed one signing and it was because of class (boo!). I would definitely recommend the Throne of Glass series to anyone and everyone who reads YA. Like, dude. It's Sarah J. Maas we're talking about - badass female characters, sexy Fae warriors and utterly spellbinding plot twists.


3.  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasACOTAR


See above. ACOTAR was my first ever Sarah J. Maas book and it's very different from Throne of Glass because it's more sensual, romantic and the writing is more lush and poetic. Either way, read ACOTAR since the next book, ACOMAF is out next month.


4.  Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead


What I loved about Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series? Rose Hathaway, the first ever badass heroine I fell in love with. Throughout the entire series, I was hooked on the fast-paced action scenes and swoony romance between Rose and the incredibly sexy Dimitri.


5.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor


This series was the biggest surprise I stumbled upon because it's severely underrated. I was lucky enough to get the first two books, Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Days of Blood & Starlight for a fifth of their original prices. Such an amazing series and I was utterly enraptured by Laini Taylor's stunning and lush prose.Cinder


6.  The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


I would recommend Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles to you if you are a fan of fairytale retellings with a clever twist and Star Wars because this series was epic and all kinds of awesome. And if you love OTPs, then look no further. I ship Cresswell!


7.  Geek Girl series Holly Smale


I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BUT PEOPLE I KNOW HAVEN'T HEARD OF HOLLY SMALE. Like, hello. Harriet Manners, the protagonist of the Geek Girl series is such a darling and all kinds of adorable and severely awkward when it comes to love interests but that's why I love her. If you've not read Geek Girl, you need to. STAT.


8.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsAATFK


OKAY, I am like, a huge fanboy when it comes to Stephanie Perkins's swoony love stories because I loved Anna and the French Kiss because it was F*CKING ROMANTIC and the romance between Anna and St. Clair was perfection. And the book is set in Paris. Need I say more?


FANGIRL9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


My first ever book by Rainbow Rowell and I loved it so much, I read it again after I finished it for the first time. Maybe that's just my inner Potterhead fanboying over the fact that Fangirl was inspired loosely on the entire Harry Potter fandom in the form of Simon Snow. And if you are in want of a book boyfriend, Levi Stewart would steal your heart and caress it until you purr!


10. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanTATBILB


If there's an author who can write an adorable and tender love story, it's Jenny Han. To All the Boys I've Loved Before was my first by the undeniably charming Jenny Han and I fell in love with Lara Jean and Peter. And the sequel, PS. I Still Love You, promised a love triangle which gave me ALL THE FEELS.

Comments

  1. I still need to read a LOT of those ! But I'm getting to Anna and the French kiss soon s that's going to be out of the way in no time ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read 7 from your list, and I totally agree with your choices, Kevin! I am yet to pick up the Geek Girl Series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, and the Vampire Academy series, but seeing that you liked them, I might give it a read soon! My favorite out of your top ten would have to be The Lunar Chronicles series! God, those books just kept on getting better every time!

    Great post, Kevin! Until the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, god. YES. Anna and the French Kiss was my favourite by Stephanie Perkins. SO ROMANTIC and Etienne St. Clair was... SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh such a great list !! I love all of them, and apart from A Court of Thorns and Roses (that I really need to read soon) I've read them all !!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha can't wait to get to it then !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you! Thank you so much for dropping by. I just checked out your blog and I MISS SARAH ALREADY.

    I loved The Lunar Chronicles. Like, seriously. One of my favourite series of all time. But my heart still beats for Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU MUST, Liz. ACOTAR was divinity. That is all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read Anna and The French Kiss and I loved it. I have To all the boys I have loved before on my TBR list though I am yet to read it. I hope to do so sometime soon. Great list and recommendations :-)

    https://dwgitau.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/ttt-ten-books-every-memoir-lover-should-read/

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHhh Fangirl is one of my most FAVOURITE books of the universe!! And yessss, YA is the best genre/category there is. No questions. No arguments. XD I also love all the Cassandra Clare books so so much oh oh and The Hunger Games!! And Six of Crows and...okay I'll shsuussuh now. BUT SERIOUSLY YA IS SO VERY AWESOME. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to add Cassandra Clare and I have to agree that her books are amazing but I am making slow progress of the Mortal Instruments books! Hah. Thanks for stopping by! Shall check out your TTT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous list!!! Have to agree...go YA!!! I've read most of the books on your list or have them on my TBR. The only one I haven't heard of is the Geek Girl series. So I'm going to hop on over to Goodreads to find out more. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read most of the books/series in your list...and they're all great books! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Harry Potter and the Throne of Glass series. I wasn't crazy about Cinder, but I'm willing to give Scarlet a chance, as I've heard it's much better.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/top-ten-tuesday-52/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, trust me, the series gets much better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes to anything by Sarah J. Maas! And I adore both Cinder and To All the Boys as well. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read Geek Girl, and have only read (and liked!) the first Vampire Academy book, but I really enjoyed the rest of the series in this list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should really check out Geek Girl! I'm reading the 5th book now and it's so incredibly British!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment