Cross-Dimensional Love Triangles ∙∙ Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray

ttsayTen Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
Publisher: HarperTeen (Nov 2015)
Series: Firebird #2
Format/Source: International Edition Paperback/Purchased


Blurb:
Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions.


Marguerite has no choice but to search for each splinter of Paul’s soul. The hunt sends her racing through a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each world brings Marguerite one step closer to rescuing Paul. But with each trial she faces, she begins to question the destiny she thought they shared.






If you’ve read my review of A Thousand Pieces of You on my blog earlier this year, you would know that I loved it. I really wanted to read the Firebird series because the covers are outstanding and absolutely swoonworthy but I wasn’t quite sure that I would like the dimension travelling as it did sound a bit too sci-fi for my liking. Thank God I have friends like Malie of Maliemania who convinced me to pick it up and I didn’t regret my decision to start the trilogy for a minute.




“Ten thousand skies, and a million worlds, and it still wouldn’t be enough for me to share with you. Nothing less than forever will do.”



Ten Thousand Skies Above You is the sequel to the amazing first book in the trilogy and it picks up after the events of A Thousand Pieces of You. Since it’s a sequel, I really don’t want to disclose too much about what happens in both the books because you really want to be surprised and shocked by how Claudia Gray weaves her stories together.




“Traveling through the worlds gives you perspective. It makes you value what you have.”



In Ten Thousand Skies Above You, Marguerite finds herself travelling through dimensions again because of Conley and the Triad’s evil plans. Forced to recover the splintered parts of her beloved Paul’s soul, Marguerite, joined with Theo, must follow Conley’s orders or face the possibility of losing Paul forever and try to outsmart the devious billionaire at his own game.


I really thought A Thousand Pieces of You was ace. Little did I know, that the sequel would be so much better! As a fan of books and stories that revolve around time travel, I was incredibly taken by the entire premise of the Firebird series. This was further cemented when I finished reading Ten Thousand Skies Above You because the story is added with so many different layers that enrich Marguerite’s journey across dimensions.




“And I love you. In any world, any universe.”



Marguerite has come a long way since the events that happened to her and her loved ones in A Thousand Pieces of You and the sequel opens to a brand-new adventure that is equally dangerous (for Marguerite) as it is exciting (for the readers). As per the first book, Ten Thousand Skies Above You is fast-paced, action-packed and glittered with romance that will make you swoon.




“Stop measuring yourself against us. It’s not the right scale. You have your own gifts, your own talents. Show the world everything you’re capable of, Marguerite. You don’t even see how amazing you are.”



The one thing that I would never get tired of with the series is the multiple universes (multiverses) where each and every one of the characters is different. They could be a lieutenant in one universe, only to become a Mafia mobster in the next! And it was just incredible how Claudia Gray managed to capture and showcase the uniqueness of every dimension in the book. Once again, I was impressed.


Ten Thousand Skies Above You was a triumph and I can safely say that it’s a book that would set things up perfectly for the final book in the trilogy, A Million Worlds with You. And can we all take a moment to appreciate the beauty of the covers. Absolutely swoonworthy! And… if you’re from Malaysia, will you be going for the Skype Q&A with Claudia Gray at Kinokuniya, KLCC on the 26th of November? If so, see you there!

Comments

  1. Ooooh these look like my type of books! Awesome review! I'm now adding to my TBR pile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed this sequel so much. What I loved the most about it, is just like you said: how different and well-thought and built the worlds are. I loved travelling in between them, it felt like reading so many different books at a time, but with these familiar characters following you around. Can't wait to read the third book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you read this. The first book was great but this one was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plot is so complex and I really got sucked into the worlds Claudia Gray created. The third book was just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've limited myself to buying one book a week, so Ill probably get this one after Christmas 😊 Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh glad to hear it! I really need to order it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I'm so glad you liked it! I'm contemplating starting A Thousand Pieces of You - I have it borrowed out from the library, but I recently read Spellcaster by Claudia Gray and was so disappointed, I was worried that this series would be the same! But I'm glad it sounds nothing like it - I'll be off to read the first book then! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't say for sure because I've only read her Firebird series so you should totally give it a go because.. WHY NOT? It's got so many layers to the plot and the romance was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yasssssssssssssss. And the last book too! Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ONE BOOK A WEEK?! Aren't you lucky? I can hardly afford books on my meagre student allowance..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah I really can't complain. I actually just think I have an addiction to buying books, so even when I am ridiculously broke I still go and buy one :-/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally relate to that. Sometimes I just want to buy books. JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol I know! I end up buying books that I just want to add to my TBR...like, why?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ENDED UP STARTING IT. And finishing it. Then I started Ten Thousand Skies Above You. Then I finished it. NOW IM ON A MILLION PIECES OF YOU AND MY HEART!
    The Firebird series is definitely as good as you say - I'm loving reading it!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment